Re: The Weather Channel
grnblnstn

Bring back the weather channel.

IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT WEATHER THEY HAVE OTHER INTERESTING AND INFORMATIVE SHOWS.

bring it back , bring it back Verizon

or as the add says , WE WILL cut your fios subscriptions in half.

0 Likes
nowwhat1
Enthusiast - Level 1

DirectTV blacked out the weather chhannel a year ago then returned the network to the dial.

Maybe there is hope fios will come to there senses BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL

0 Likes
qazwsx1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bring back the weather channel. Accu weather STINKS!!!!!

0 Likes
DrDad1

Accuweather is no substitute for The Weather Channel.  We don't need west coast weather.  Channel 49 was a fast convenient way to get current and forecasted weather for our town and the local region.  Verizon was thinking of its profits and not its customers.  Bad decision Verizon.

0 Likes
qazwsx1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bring Back the westher channel... Accu weather is the worst!!!! 

0 Likes
Re: Bring back the weather channel
jimbee1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My day has a huge void without Wake up with Al...

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So I think this is the definitive answer on if TWC will ever come back:

(From the Accuweather Website)

AccuWeather is proud to partner with Verizon, America’s most preferred TV service provider rated #1 in picture quality by the 2014 American Customer Satisfaction Index, to bring a superior new broadcast channel to FiOS customers, providing the smarter choice in weather programming. 

Looks like Verizon is their big launch customer.

But there is hope for improvement:

Post launch, AccuWeather will continue to enhance its programming features and benefits for FiOS TV customers, constantly evolving and improving products to serve customers, including a hyper-local, personalized weather experience with AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute-by-Minute forecasts and interactive options in a cutting-edge, high quality and engaging presentation, providing highly localized, customized, and tailored programming.  The best in weather will keep getting better, serving customers with the all-weather content they want.

0 Likes
jimbee1
Enthusiast - Level 2

clearly more people are interested in TWC than Oprah's fine network and half of the other fluff that nobody watches that i'm forced to pay for...How about going ALA CART?? Wouldn't that really drive them crazy i??...

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Content providers are the one blocking a la carte.

But that is a subject for another thread.

0 Likes
sevans99

This forum would be flooded with many more reponses if the process of getting here was easier. Regardless dropping the weather channel is a BIG mistake. This will adversley effect any future business I will have with Verizon. How about deleting a bunch of the useless filler stations you provide that no one watches. Use that saved revenue to bring back the weather channel. The replacement Accuweather is horrible in video and audio quality as well as content. Consumers have many options these days and we are likely to exercise them if you continue to make bonehead business decisions like this.

0 Likes