Re: The Weather Channel
BunnyWabbitt201
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot remember the last time I took the time to voice my concerns regarding a programing change.  I cannot believe FIOS has removed the TWC from the lineup.  I hope to see it back in the channel line up soon.  I specifically purchased FIOS because TWC was in the line-up. I will be shopping around for a new provider if this situation is not rectified.  With a TV Internet bill as high as mine, I am sure I can find a better deal that includes TWC.  That is all that is needed to put the remote down and shop for a new provider.  Come on FIOS get your head out off your rear and get TWC back on NOW!

Bunny

Re: **bleep**?!??! Where is the Weather Channel?!??!
mdelugg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I could not agree MORE!

I'm also paying almost $300/month, and I'm royally **bleep** that I can't see PROSPECTORS, and my favorite TWC hosts!

And as far as I'm concerned, Verizon has breached our contract.

0 Likes
No Weather Channel
Yellowbananas1

Your replacement for the Weather Channel is inferior.  With what you charge residential subscribers, we have a right to expect good weather info.  BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!

0 Likes
Frustrated171

We don't know why Verizon would not renew their agreement with the Weather Channel.  If they need the finances then they should get rid of some of those shopping network channels.  The Weather Channel is vital to our families well being.  It helps keep us informed on what the weather is doing not only in our area but the areas that our extended family live in.  Especially when the weather is extremely volatile.  The acu weather or weather bug widget is the worst weather information channels that they have provided.  This is the 3rd channel that our family watches that they have gotten rid of.  Our family is on a fixed income and when our contract comes up for renewal in November we will have to choose how important Verizon's services are to us.  Verizon charges an astronomical price and then we still don't get channels that everyone should get.  We are very disappointed in Verizon and have started the process of looking either for another provider or to just get rid their services all together and save our money for food and gas.

0 Likes
Dogmeat1
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is no doubt in my mind that this is truely a business decision on the part of Verizon.  TWC is experienced, professional, and has the tools and experienced professionals to provide what is needed.  This is all about $$$.

I also understand some of the complaints about the increasing amount of Reality TV on TWC.  I watch TWC durin my morning workout every day and liked to watch it at night before turning in, but lately there was always some reality show on instead of weather.  That could have been fixed.

But Seriously?!?  Dropping THE Weather Channel?!?  I gave Accuweather 10 days to convince me they were up to the task, but I swear its like watching Amatuer Hour.  The "Viewer Experience" is simply not up to the standard I expect.  I paid for THE Weather Channel, I want THE Weather Channel.

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!

P.S.  I signed up to this forum specifically to complain about this.  It is that important..

ted1231

I would like the weather Channel back Accu Weather is not as good

I pay for this service and I would like the Weather Channel

Also I would like a reponse from Verizon instead of one day we have the Weather Channel and the next we have the accu weather.

0 Likes
DragonMaster2

We have been with Verizon for six years.  Triple package, TV, phone, and internet. But dropping the weather channel is too much and we plan to make a change if Verizon does not add it back.  Accuweather and the useless Weather bug app are just that, useless.  Who wants to set thru 1 hour of weather reporting around the rest of the country.  90 percent of the time the TV is on, it is tuned into the Weather Channel.  It is the first thing my family looks at when we wake up to decide what we need to wear that day and what to expect. It is the last thing we look at before going to bed to plan the next day.

NO CHANNEL beats the Weather Channel during bad weather, thunder storms, or the spring tornadoes. The Weather Channel gives us the direct storm path as wells as specific times to expect hail, high winds, etc. 

For me and my family this is a SAFETY issue.  And I will change providers if this isn't correct in a couple of weeks.

THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER OPTIONS THAT DO CARRY THE WEATHER CHANNEL.

0 Likes
DragonMaster2

Me too!  In six years, I have never as much as called Verizon to complain.  BUT this is too much.  Enough to make me sign up here and post.........and to spend the time neccessary to check out other alternatives.  And there are at least SIX other choices in the DFW area that does carry TWC.  To my surprise, many have way better bundle pricing than Verizon.  I will wait a couple of weeks and then we are moving to another provider and Verizon will lose our TV, internet and residential phone.  ~ $300 per month.

0 Likes
Lorrainelcsw711

I was amazed that my favorite channel could just be cancelled with no notice and no input from the people paying the bill!

No news 12, no weather channel and accuweather is terrible. It's not bad enough that we are charged for things we do not order amd cannot get a refund, it's not bad enough that the customer service is horrible ( in spite of the surveys I see and hear)  ir's not bad enough that their service is super expensive but now this! I guess they think we are stupid and maybe we are for having been customers of verizon for so long and lletting them get away with eveything they do. 

WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT? ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS- we need local weather- I also miss news 12 that I had with comcast.  Let's rebel.

0 Likes
stevenr7627

I only miss the reality shows on the Weather channel.  Verizon is correct, I never got my weather from channel 119.  I did use 49, only when I was not online.  Accueweather is useless, It never gives weather for where I actually live in RI.  I really miss weather caught on film(used to be tape).  I simply just moved on to even more ID, the new weather replacemnt is boring.  Verizon is better off in shutting down all weather information on TV.  I tried in pressing the fios TV button on channel 49, but all I got was PPV listings.

0 Likes