Re: I want The Weather Channel back
dakotagaler

Verizon is NOT following its contract of including the Weather channel of subscribers who signed up before its elimination.  Verizon does what it wants to do regardless of the wishes of its subscribers.  At $250 a month that we pay, we should not have to wait an hour or so for our area to be on the weather.  Go ahead, buy AOL, and see what you can do to increase your profits to pay for the purchase, You people are awful!  

0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel's Weathercast back or other 24/7 Detailed Doppler Radar
bryant2000

This is a public safety issue when seconds count in a major storm!  Our former 24/7 Weathercast Channel 49 had included 24/7 Doppler Radar of our area including detail of the major parkways and interstates instantly.  The Weatherbug radar is just zoomed out too far to include most of Virginia...  Our Richmond, VA area now appears as a dot.  When I contacted Verizon I was told that Verizon customers should not use FIOS TV radar anymore,  but should leave their computer on all night to search for the weather apps if they expect bad weather.  This takes time and is less convenient in emergency.   For example, the "zoomed out too far" Weatherbug will not even recognize our zip code.  I checked with COMCAST today and they still have the detailed Doppler Radar for the safety and convenience of their customers.

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
Haskins2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is anyone at Verizon listening, or are we unsatisfied customerd grumbling among ourselves? VERIZON, AccuWeather--or whatever goop you are serving us, is NOT what we want. It is cursory, brief, and incomplete.

0 Likes
Re: I want The Weather Channel's Weathercast back or other 24/7 Detailed Doppler Radar
bryant2000

Correction: Channel 49 was "Weatherscan Local."  I believe it was owned by Weather Channel and still on COMCAST.  On a large screen the 24/7 Doppler radar gave a marvelous view of what storms were approaching, including detail of affected major roadways in our area providing safety and convenience to the customers who could plan their routes accordingly...  Only had to use Channel 49 and easier to see than on small screen devices...but no more.  I wrote to a Verizon President concerning the switch to the poor detail (Zoomed too far out) that Weatherbug now displays, but did not receive the usual formal response that most companies provide...     Instead a "team member" replied by email and phone, but did not seem to admit or recognize the difference between the vague Weatherbug radar image and the detailed  Doppler radar they dropped.  She still recommended AccuWeather which has no local Doppler radar displayed 24/7 that I can find.

0 Likes
raysim
Enthusiast - Level 2

As the hurricane season approaches, I hope Verizon FiOS TV realizes that depriving us of to the Weather Channel on, places us customers that live in hurricane prone areas at risk!

Verizon please remove this joke of a weather channel called Accuweather. It is an insult that Verizon offers Accuweather as a replacement to the weather channel.

0 Likes
raysim
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for the typo in my last post. I meant to write;

As the hurricane season approaches, I hope Verizon FiOS TV realizes that, depriving us of the Weather Channel, plcaes us at risk!

Verizon please remove this joke of a weather channel called Accuweather. It is an insult that Verizon offers Accuweather on the channel number that was assigned to the weather channel.

0 Likes
uncle2000mike
Enthusiast - Level 3

Talking to customer service is a total waste of time. All they do is read from a script. They do not know the channels Verizon is providing. Do not tell them to bring back The Weather Channel.It just falls on deaf ears. Just change providers. Hit them where it hurts. In the pocket. I just changed back to Time Warner Cable of NYC. I gave Accuweather a chance. 2 1/2 months. No changes after all that time and many complaints and comments on Twitter and their Facebook page. Stop complaining and take action........NOW!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel Verizon Has Hit A New Low.
uncle2000mike
Enthusiast - Level 3

I cancelled my service and when I told them why, they started to read from a script which says you can get weather info from other sources etc. That is when I interrupted them to stop hearing this nonsense. If everyone who complained here cancelled their service, then they would understand.

0 Likes
aaronwtfios1
Contributor - Level 1

While I would love to get the Weather Channel Back, I'm not going to cancel my service over it.

@uncle2000mike wrote:

I cancelled my service and when I told them why, they started to read from a script which says you can get weather info from other sources etc. That is when I interrupted them to stop hearing this nonsense. If everyone who complained here cancelled their service, then they would understand.

AaronD12a

I've had my service for 2 weeks and now don't have The Weather Channel. Just at the time where we're getting tornados, severe thunderstorms, and flooding. Thanks, Verizon.

0 Likes