Re: THE WEATHER CHANNEL removal; aka another VZ scam
mbrkelley
Enthusiast - Level 3

We still had Weatherbug on Ch 49 last week, not that it gave us any useful information.  Maybe it has been down for months where you live, but not here in Virginia.  I don't care that it's gone . . . just making a statement.  When Verizon cancelled TWC and Weatherscan, they told us we now have Accuweather AND Weatherbug.  Now we're just stuck with Accuweather.

0 Likes
Re: The Weather Channel
EricDee1978
Enthusiast - Level 3

The one burning question I have for FiOS cosmic control is this: How big of a kickback were you paid to drop The Weather Channel, anyway? I bet the IRS would be VERY interested in talking to you...

To those of you out there who tell me if I don't like it, switch providers: Easier said than done. I'm locked in a contract for another year, so that means early termination fees. So I'll tell you what: YOU pay all my costs (Termination fees, cost of returning equipment, installation costs with another provider, equipment costs, and initial month's bill), and I'll consider making the switch. I'd sure love how you think I'm made of money to be able to do all of that, so as I said, pay my way to switch, and I will!

Weatherless on my TV
rainydayblues

Why can't we have the Channel 49 weather back ?

0 Likes
Re: Weatherless on my TV
Capt767
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why can't we get the entire Weather Channel package back.  Accuweather stinks.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Channel 49 was tied in to TWC data.

What it had been replaced with is a link to the weather widget.

Channel 49 has been removed but you can still access the weather widget via the widget button on your remote.

0 Likes
bigdrop1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Weather Channel is a public service.  Accuweather is an insult as is the justification for Verizon offering it.  Now the widget Weather Bug is no longer available on channel 49.  There is no channel 49 anymore. 

hallrk
Contributor - Level 2

When it works. For me the widget doesn't work half the time. It will say no data avaiable or no information available. Totally unreliable. A very poor substitute for channel 49.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bigdrop wrote:

The Weather Channel is a public service.  

The National Weather Service is a public service.  TWC is a private, commercial business.  Big difference.  With NWS, we get weather, plain and simple.  With TWC, we get commercials, Ice Road Truckers, Jim Cantore standing in a hurricane, sensationalized weather stories and made up names for winter storms.

I'll take the pubic NWS any day over private commercialized TWC any day.

Enjoy.

Yoyo5161
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree!!!  I hate ACCUweather and I miss the Weather Channel programs!!!

Yoyo5161
Enthusiast - Level 1

Cablevision is looking better and better!