Re: The Weather Channel
jerryb53
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can get the weather from literally 50 different sources. From my computer. From my phone. From my tablet. From at least a dozen different tv channels. From hundreds of apps. What will the Weather Channel tell me that all these other sources won't. I'd like to see the WC back but it's not that big of a deal!

0 Likes
mbrkelley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not everyone has smart phones, tablets, or computers.  Other than our local channel weather spots (3 stations with reports in the morning, at lunch, and at dinner and late at night), the only weather channel on Verizon is Accuweather, which doesn't give up-to-date info on our local areas like TWC.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where are you located?

I live near Baltimore.

AccuWeather has a constant scroll of local areas.

From all over va to DC and MD.

0 Likes
uncle1mike
Enthusiast - Level 3

Switch to another provider. That’s how you get the Weather Channel.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Weather Features are terrible
JohnnyS1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in Long Island, NY. For 5 days already, radar on weatherbug comes up with the "internet connection not working" or you need to have internet service.  Of course I have internet service and On demand and the channel guide works (all run over internet).  Usually a weather map is blank 9 out of 10  times, but you get nothing. As sated, weather channel had the live radar which worked well.  Prices keep going up and all you get is more shop at home network channels.   Not worth the money anymore.  

0 Likes
Captiosus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Accuweather Channel is an utter joke. I live in Southeastern Virginia and the channel almost never shows the forecast for this area. The Accuweather Channel focuses entirely on Northern VA/DC/Maryland.

While TWC has made some boneheaded decisions (like the years of trying to be Discovery Channel, or naming winter storms), they're still the best place for emergency 24/7 weather information outside of NOAA. During Hurricanes Florence and Michael, what did Accuweather show? The same tired 30 minute taped loops. Weather Channel, as per usual, offered 24/7 live coverage and updates.

Let's see if many of these supporters feel the same way if Verizon can't come to a 'resolution' with Disney in the next few days and we lose all ABC/Disney and ESPN channels.

0 Likes
Kbos1

Accuweather is the joke of the week, ESPN started to finally redeem itself and will essentially be taken off the air because of Verizon's spat with Disney, I've got two  versions of ABC in Boston, but can't get more than one regional sports channel, fees are going up and oh, by the way, Verizon wishes you a happy new year.

Right.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Please post only messages pertaining to The Weather Channel in this topic.  To join the discussion concerning Disney, ABC, Freeform and ESPN, please post your comments here:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-TV-Programming/We-May-Lose-ABC-Freeform-ESPN-and-Disney-Channels/...

Thank you.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually The Weather Channel was not replaced by Accuweather.   The decision to drop TWC was already made.  Accuweather approached them offering the channel essentially for free.  Although the channel was new the service is old and seen in many places (local TV stations, PC, Smartphones, etc).

0 Likes
bbscreenname99
Enthusiast - Level 1

100% agree.

0 Likes