Tivo and Set Top Boxes
sandsol

I just switched to Fios.  Love the service.  However, I have 3 Tivo's in my house.  2 of them have cablecards and work wonderfully.  The third unfortunately is a bit older and does not use a cable card.  I have configured it so that the cable box channel can be changed by Tivo so that it can record what it needs to.  However, if there is inactivity on the set top box, it goes into Standby mode. 

After working with various tech support folks at Verizon, it seems that there is no way to turn off the standby mode.   When this happens, Tivo records the screen saver rather than the actual program.

If you have this problem, please join me in requesting that Verizon add an option under Settings to allow the customer to disable the Standby Mode.  Currently, you can change the screen saver or the display on the box if it goes in standby mode, but there is no way to disable the actual standby mode from happening.  This essentially makes my $800 Tivo with lifetime service useless!

Please join me in emailing them at TV.Feedback@verizon.net.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Tivo and Set Top Boxes
sandsol

Correction:  The email address to send your comments is....  tv.feedback@verizon.com

0 Likes
Re: Tivo and Set Top Boxes
prisaz
Legend

Thank your green bean EPA folks for that Energy Star feature. I agree there should be a way to turn it off. With the HDMI cable connected and the TV on it will play all night, but I have seen it go into that mode even when the TV was still on. How did it know I was sleepting? Have not figured it out yet. I will post if I find anything.

0 Likes