Re: Fios App Doesn't Recognize My Home Network
jonjones1
Legend

@EileenN wrote:

Fios app doesn't recognize my home network. What the heck is going on, I put the brand new app on my phone from the App Store it says the same thing. Verizon can't find the problem! What is error 1027 is anyone else having this issue with iPhone 6x or iPads???

Did you go to http://www.apple.com and click on support and look to see if other iOS users have reported the issue and if there is a fix?

go there, do that.

0 Likes
Not on home network
DougDunn1

FIOS TV App and My FIOS App not providing all services because they think I’m not connected to FIOS WiFi home network, but I am.  It been a month of very limited steaming from FIOS TV app and tech support is clueless in solving this problem.  This keep blaming FIOS Apps when it’s likely a back problem not yet resolved.  Please help.  Sick of paying for services not provided!

0 Likes
Not on home network
Boony1

Having the same issue as someone who posted 5 hours ago; his thread was locked and he received a private message from support

Can not connect to set top box via Fios TV app. States I am not on home network. Also weird that the Fios account app is spamming me with notifications with a message along the lines of “your tech has finished up with their installation”

0 Likes
Re: Not on home network
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried contacting support? Via app?

Re: Unable to watch live tv in Fios TV app on some channels
bill76
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too. Annoyed. 

Re: Fios TV App
Mima2005

The drop-down Out Of Home message appears each time I connect to the app, but I am at home. I can access a limited amount of channels via the Watch Now option, but not the extended list that I should be able to receive.

Verizon tech support, after 3 tries, determined that it is a Known Issue with Apple devices and said they are working on it. As I increasingly use my mobile device to view content, I find it all quite frustrating. If it's not fixed within a reasonable amount of time, I will consider using another service provider.

0 Likes
sakdc

Spent three hours today on this.  Both iPhone and iPad apps say I am out of home when I am home, trying to use the app to stream. I interacted with chat and phone support and did some of my own troubleshooting. I restarted rebooted reinstalled everything:  main set top box, router, both mobile devices, updated iOS software.  I adjusted the home sharing and mobile device settings, uninstalling and reinstalling, enabling and disabling and re-enabling under settings in the main menu of the main TV set box. I reset the network settings on the iPhone. Per phone support, I logged out and then hand-typed in my username and password on my Mac and on my mobile devices instead of auto fill. 

Fios TV app used to work perfectly for months for me. Now, as of this week, it thinks I am “out-of-home” no matter what I do.  Argh!

0 Likes
SusanMaryland

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

I have been using the Fios app for years on both an android phone and an iPad. Yesterday, both devices suddenly started telling me that I couldn't access certain channels because I wasn't on my home wifi, even though I most certainly was. I spent hours deleting and reinstalling apps (both the old FIOS Mobile app as well as the new FIOS TV app), logging out and logging in, and resetting my router.

Finally, I decided to turn to my set-top box. From the STB, you can run an auto-correct process to self-diagnose and clear problems with the STB. Well, it must have found something to fix because once the STB was reset and restarted, both apps can now see I'm at home and all is good. I don't know if the problem was only the STB or a combination of all of the other things that I did as well. 

Here is the procedure to run the auto-correct process through the STB:

From the Main Menu

--> Customer Support

----> Top Support Tools

------> Fix FIOS TV Issues

This will bring you to an screen that says "Auto Correct My STB/DVR". Select your main STB from the list and follow the prompts to run the diagnostic and reset procedure. It will take several minutes until the box is up and running again.

I want to make sure that I posted my solution after finding on these forums that nobody else was able to clear this problem.

0 Likes
SusanMaryland

Update: The above solution only seemed to work for the older FIOS Mobile app. It didn't seem to work for the new FIOS TV app, however the new app is so awful it's practically unusable anyway.

0 Likes
sakdc

Thanks for the efforts, SusanMaryland. I had high hopes. Your fix sounded like a very plausible solution. (I'm in DC, btw. Sounds like your Fios TV app was "borked" at the same time as mine. Wonder if it is a regional issue?) 

But then I tried this fix. It didn't work for me on the new app and, unfortunately, I had already deleted the old TV app on both of my ios devices. The new app had been streaming well for me before this week (even if the UI was terrible).

For those who want to try this fix, there is one extra step to Susan's instructions: After "main menu" you must click on CUSTOMER SUPPORT menu to find "top support tools" etc.

In any case, it was good to discover these tools, which I hadn't noticed before. Thanks, again!

0 Likes