Unable to watch some recorded shows on DVD or MultiRoom DVR
AnotherFiosUser

Ever since they did the update to the set top boxes which allowed me to be able to use Multi room DVD on another DVD box, I've found that being able to watch all recorded programs is a lottery.

Every week, I always find there are a couple of recorded programs that I can't watch.

When I press play, I see the bar, but nothing shows, then 10seconds later it reverts back to live tv.

I'm getting really frustrated with this, as it is happening regularly.

I was going to cancel my service when I found out that I couldn't watch recorded shows from on DVD on another but they fixed that with the update but at the expense of having to cross my fingers every time I press play.

I never had this problem before the update, I was able to watch any recorded program previously 100%, now it depends on what the box feels like.

Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a fix or do I have to look at alternatives.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to watch some recorded shows on DVD or MultiRoom DVR
DS371

I am having the same problem too. I have missed several recorded shows because of this issue. I am afraid that Verizon will just want to replace the DVR and I do not want to go through the hassle of all that. I was hoping there was a simple fix; maybe resetting the box. Hopefully somoeone will post a solution otherwise I will have to make the dreaded call.

0 Likes
simon75

Also having the same problem for the past several days. At first it was on a newer HDTV box, switched it out with an older box, same problems. Spoke with technical support last night, he said it might have something to do with the strength of the signal coming in, but had to check that it wasn't specific to that box first. Today I'm having that problem with all the set top boxes when trying to access the DVR.

0 Likes
AnotherFiosUser

I seriously doubt it would be signal strength unless they just changed that with the firmware upgrade.

I have never had this problem until the new firmware update. Since then, was the first time i ever experienced non watchable recorded programs on the DVR. Considering we've had one of the boxes for like 3 yrs and I only started seeing this after the firmware update, I'll go out on a limb and say tthats the most likely cause.

0 Likes