Using Fios One Box to control TV volume
tpea
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think I did something wrong on set up.   How do I do I get my new remote to change the volume of my Samsung TV.  I think I messed up on the receiver question and and need to correct.  In menu/audio, I hit "variable" but still have no ability to change volume manually on my Fios One remote. Can you give me the step-by-step instructions? Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using Fios One Box to control TV volume
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tpea wrote:

I think I did something wrong on set up.   How do I do I get my new remote to change the volume of my Samsung TV.  I think I messed up on the receiver question and and need to correct.  In menu/audio, I hit "variable" but still have no ability to change volume manually on my Fios One remote. Can you give me the step-by-step instructions? Thank you.

Go back to the main menu, go to the voice control option, go to manually add device, add the make and model of your TV back in. The volume control you tried to use only affects the analog audio output.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Volume on Stb needs to be set for fixed.

Does your remote operate other TV functions?

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tpea wrote:

Go back to the main menu, go to the voice control option, go to manually add device, add the make and model of your TV back in. The volume control you tried to use only affects the analog audio output.

Jaydeebeezy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Finally worked after trying about 15 times. Verizon needs to fix this. Thank you!

jck7245

Still not working can you give all setting needed, interesting so many have had this problem and our was working for over a year and now not working.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader
  1. Go to Menu > Settings > Voice control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup > Press ‘ok’ to Select
  2. Select your TV or Receiver Brand and Model and follow the steps
  3. You will get a ‘success’ message in the upper right of the screen when the setup is complete.
Msshellz
Enthusiast - Level 1

What if it controls everything but the volume 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Msshellz wrote:

What if it controls everything but the volume 

If it doesnt control everything it is supposed to, say NO when prompted and do "more options" and let it look for a more compatible code.

xmaseveryday
Enthusiast - Level 1

All you do is go to your samsung remote and turn the volume all the up to 100. Then put that remote away. Now the tv one remote volume will work. A Samsung customer gentleman walked me through it while the verizon guy was here. The verizon guy was super nice and confused. This is the only way to fix on a samsung!

good luck