VMS Now Available in VHO2 (Tampa, FL)
leepoffaith

I just stopped over by my local Verizon FiOS store and they had the VMS set up at their display. It is available for order now (At least in VHO2) and the earliest day they had for an install was Friday which isn't too bad. If you have read my previous posts I am currently using Tivo Roamio and thus far I really like it, but I was going to try the VMS system as well to see how it compares. There are two things that stopped me. 1. The sales people did not have the correct information about billing. They told me that the $22 VMS charge includes a box so if you have 3 TVs then you get the $22 VMS charge for one and $19 charge for the other two. They are going to have a lot of **bleep** off customers when the installer only shows up with 1 VMS and 1 satelite box! 2. There is a $25 fee that was 100% **bleep**. They claim it's because if they had the boxes shipped to your house you'd be charged shipping so it's to make up for that. I told them I'd just wait until they got the in the store and then they admitted that I'd have to pay it then too. I HATE hidden **bleep** fees and if this is how Verizon is going to start to operate I'll be looking for another provider. Oh, and I failed to mention that we were basically done with ordering the system and THEN they told me about the fee (15-20 min later). I had the whole thing cancelled and walked out.

So, if you are interested in it you can order it, but make sure you talk to someone that knows what they are doing and you will be charged a $25 fee no matter what. According to the sales people it just was released today and they weren't even expecting it yet. 

0 Likes
Re: VMS Now Available in VHO2 (Tampa, FL)
daveman1964
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have you seen the pricing Are they nuts..... ?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

New price scheme effect the old DVR models as well.    The VMS is essentially $10 more than the the multi-room DVR config.  Hardly crazy.

0 Likes
daveman1964
Enthusiast - Level 1

So how much would a 2 tv configuration be  ? Would I need 2 boxes or just 1 VMS ?

This is what it shows when I try an do the upgrade

FiOS QuantumSM TV - Premium Service  $32.00

TV Equipment Upgrade Fee $24.99
Removed Services

• Multi-Room DVR Service -$12.00
Total One-Time Charges$24.99

It shows me returning 2 boxes and getting 1 box for $32.00 What am I missing ?
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@daveman1964 wrote:

So how much would a 2 tv configuration be  ? Would I need 2 boxes or just 1 VMS ?

Removed Services

$32 is two VMS boxes. One VMS box is $22. For a 2 tv setup you would get two VMS and no IP boxes for Premium Quantum TV or one VMS and one IP box for the Enhanced Quantum Tv. 

New pricing for 2 room setup

Mutliroom DVR    $12+$19.98=$31.98

Enhanced         $22+$19.98=$41.98

Premium          $32+$19.98=$51.98

One time charge is $24.99 for upgrade

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@tns_2 wrote:

@daveman1964 wrote:

Removed Services

$32 is two VMS boxes. One VMS box is $22. For a 2 tv setup you would get two VMS and no IP boxes for Premium Quantum TV or one VMS and one IP box for the Enhanced Quantum Tv. 

New pricing for 2 room setup

Mutliroom DVR    $12+$19.98=$31.98

Enhanced         $22+$19.98=$41.98

Premium          $32+$19.98=$51.98

One time charge is $24.99 for upgrade

TNS_2

I wonder if I will be charged an upgrade fee when I have no Verizon DVRs or STBs. Have you heard?

If so I may stay with my current 16 tuners. 12 network, and 4 stand alone in the PC. But I would rather get the enhanced, and send two cable cards back. I really want to get my hands on what I saw at CES 2013. It was cool then, and a bet it is awsome now!Smiley Happy

0 Likes