Completely ineffective VOD "Resume Play"
eieio1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a BASIC function that does not work whatsoever.

Kindly pay particular attention to this, please, Verizon FiOS TV, and fix immediately.

Otherwise, more and more people will think of Verizon FiOS TV as a "me too" and not like Comcast's leadership position in terms of providing lots and lots of content (look up the news of what Comcast is doing moving forward!).

Here in nyc/manhattan, we have no Comcast option.

Granted, Verizon's FiOS internet service is solid.   I have had only 1 instance of "no internet" from roughly midnight till around 5am one night in around 1 year's use.   That is as good as internet access gets vis-a-vis other providers like Time Warner, etc.

Re: Completely ineffective VOD "Resume Play"
mschauber
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have a better chance of winning the lottery than we do getting this lack of function fixed.  I was told by a rep tonight that as of 1.9, the pause function doesn't save location and that's the way it was designed.  After complaining and showing how **bleep** this process is given that instead of streaming a movie once, it can easily take a half dozen times since the pause function times out in less than two minutes and that doesn't even give enough time to make a cup of tea, that the bandwidth being wasted is unbelievable.  And of course the FF function is only 2x and not longer has 3x or 4x and the fast forward doesn't work on VOD, probably because they don't want you going through the commercials they are putting before many movies and shows now, it takes 10 mins to FF through 90 mins of movie just to watch the last 15 or 20.

I think FiOS is now being managed by the same people that manage Time Warner Cable.  I left TWC in favor of FiOS because of their shotty services and support.  Now VZN has fallen as low as TWC which puts them in competition for politician level idiocy.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry for the complications on resuming the VOD. We are updating the VOD servers to get this corrected.

0 Likes
Re: VOD resume play useless
Mrs_Dean_Wormer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have also had this - and other - problems with VOD.  I keep being told a fix is in the works - when I actually have the will to call to complain and wait on hold for ages.  Last night had that problem, then couldn't re-wind a program that I was watching, and for the grand finale, the third show that I tried to watch just completely blacked out from time to time.  I am growing increasingly frustrated with these ongoing problems, and am seriously considering returning to Comcast.  I would have hoped that since this is a known widespread problem, Verizon would be more (than none) pro-active in keeping us informed as to what the problem is and progress on resolution.  Every time I call customer service it's like a new thing.  One guy actually told me to check the spliiters (that Verizon installed) in my basement.  Really?  Everyone's spliiters have suddenly gone bad?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you give us an idea how long we will have to wait for a fix? Is it measured in terms of days, weeks or months?

0 Likes
MRSullivan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anthony, what is your position that you would know definitively what VZN is doing on the matter?  I think this is the frustration of the users.  Is there a "published tech note" within VZN that can be referenced?  One of the reasons that I question your veracity is that I was told that the issue was in the software/firmware on the customers 'cable box', and that it would be fixed in the "next update" on which VZN was currently working?

So, we have "the truth" changing like a revolving door.  Again, do you have a technical reference that you can quote?

0 Likes
beingmrkite

C'mon Verizon what are we doing to fix this?

It's been months and neither new boxes or your useless in home agent or resetting stbs/bhrs is going to fix this.... Or is this just what we have to look forward to as VZ stops the fios build before selling all its wireline assets to frontier like in those "rural" states or fairpoint in new england??? 

Verizon doesnt seem to care about supporting anything.  Just sell the product, get the revenue but don't support it.  Good business model though since Lowell just collected another $23 million bonus BUT MY VOD RESUME STILL DOESNT WORK!!!!!!

0 Likes
Gaia1633
Enthusiast - Level 1
We were promised the resume play option would be fixed with June update. So frustrating trying to watch something on VOD and having to constantly fast forward to get back to where we left off. Wonder how Comcast is these days...
Hubrisnxs
Legend

said by keyboards:

Try the following and see if resume works for you (it seems to for me but YMMV):

DO NOT hit resume from the VOD listings. Instead got to MY RENTALS (first level of VOD menu), select the video you want to resume and from there select resume.

No guarantees.

This may work for some.   best of luck.   From reports on other forums, next software isn't until late 3rd quarter or 4th quarter of this year. 

0 Likes
Re: VOD resume play useless
mja351
Enthusiast - Level 3

i still have this problem to this day and it is very annoying and a major reason i dont use vod

0 Likes