Verizon DVR fan keeps running at high speed 24x7 now
deepafp

So I've had this Verizon DVR STB for almost 4 years now. And for the past 2 days, the fan started running non-stop at its fastest and loudest rpm and it is running 24x7. 

There's nothing blocking the DVR and nothing has changed about it as such. 

All of a sudden the fan has kicked into high gear and has been doing that constantly. What is the solution to this? Do I need a replacement STB now?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon DVR fan keeps running at high speed 24x7 now
pkslopegirl
My IMG was upgraded on 10/23, since then I have the same problem. Tonight I went to channel 1790 just to check it out, I was in shock the fan stopped! Once I tuned into a lower channel, it resumed. There have been other postings stating the same problem, evidently it's a known issue that's been occurring for years! Verizon needs to address and fix this, the noise is so annoying!
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You need to have the STB replaced. Once the fan begins to do that it will eventually fail.

0 Likes
dduncan2012

My DVR also started running (sounds like the fan) all the time. I saw other posts that said changing the LED display on the box could help. I did that and it did help me (for now).  You might try the following:

Using your Remote Control, go to Menu, Settings, System, Set Top box, LED Brightness, and change the setting to Low. 

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

But as others have said, it is only a matter of time before the box fails.

Fan speeds up as temp increases.

Couldn't hurt to make sure all the vents are clear.

0 Likes