Verizon Programming
JonnyDE

Why does Verizon have RT TV on it's line-up? I am in the DC area. Does anyone else have RT TV on their cable line-up? RT TV is a propaganda arm of the Russian government and I can't imagine why it's on my TV. Given all that the Russians have done (meddling in our election, takeover of Crimea, fighting in the Ukraine, supporting President Assad of Syria) why in the world do we provide a forum for them on our televisions??

Here's what wikipedia says about RT TV...

"RT (formerly Russia Today) is a Russian international television network funded by the Russian government. It operates cable and satellite television channels directed to audiences outside of Russia, as well as providing Internet content in various languages, including English, Spanish and Russian.

RT has been frequently described as a propaganda outlet for the Russian government and its foreign policy.RT has also been accused of spreading disinformation by news reporters, including some former RT reporters, The United Kingdom media regulator, Ofcom, has repeatedly found RT to have breached rules on impartiality, and of broadcasting "materially misleading" content."

Is this something that management at Verizon should hear about from it's customers?

Thanks for reading.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Programming
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to their website, it is on all of the major cable companies in the DC area.

It is a sub-channel.

So probably came along as part of the deal for the primary channel.

0 Likes