Re: The latest Verizon/Tegna dispute over WUSA9
USER2112
Enthusiast - Level 1

FIOS as my provider is on its last strike and the ball is coming over the plate quickly.  First they cannot build equipment that will allow you to work with both your TV provider and your streaming services and then they get into this idiotic dispute with my local CBS affiliate.  I find it galling that they are complaining about TEGNA raising rates when they have raised mine by over 228% over the last three years.  I thought I would never go back to COMCAST but that day seems to be approaching faster by the minute.  I will give them one week to get WUSA back on the system, or I am gone.

Re: The latest Verizon/Tegna dispute over WUSA9
Statistic
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  I'm contemplating how and when I'm going to cancel my TV service with them, after being a customer for 13 years.

Re: Verizon/Tegna Dispute
sbdman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Blue Bloods, NCIS and it's two spinoffs, FBI and it's two spinoffs, and S.W.A.T. !?!?

CBS is the number 1 rated network! My favorite DVR recordings are now gone. What the foot!

If I didn't have early work hours, I'd cancel FIOS and switch to my antenna again.

As 'The Soup Nazi' would say,

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!"

I feel another rate increase to my bill is coming, <groan>. Thanks again, Verizon. You rate right up there with Covid-19! Customer satisfaction is dropping fast.

0 Likes
Verizon/Tegna Dispute
AngryGrammy

I think it is unconscionable that 2 media giants like Tegna & Verizon are behaving like immature children. A local CBS channel should be available to the consumer, considering we pay a premium price for the FIOS service.  This is not a premium channel.  Both companies need to make this right NOW!

0 Likes
DixieWitch

I agree with everything said here and can tell to the exact date in the future where I am pulling the Verizon plug.  Their increases have been ridiculous.

0 Likes
osxgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, the dispute is over and CBS is back on in the DC/MD area. For us, though, it was too little too late. Call it the perfect storm.

We saw we hadn’t recorded some shows because of this. 

That caused us to look at the account a little earlier than we would have this month, and we noticed our agreement was up and our bill had gone up by almost $15.

We have wanted to cut the cord for years, but bundling  made internet only plus streaming more expensive than our FIOS bundle, especially since we were at somewhat low speeds (100 Mbps) and figured we would need higher, more expensive speeds for streaming. But FIOS jus unbundled services.

So we looked. And in a  couple of weeks, we will be internet only with FIOS, streaming with Sling, and still keeping our home number with Ooma for just the taxes and regulatory fees per month. Cost overall will be about what we were paying before the recent increase, but only because we bumped up to Gigabit internet.

The amount Verizon is getting from us was cut almost in half. We have a few up front one time costs (OTA antenna & DVR, but got a really good deal on those from Sling, and the Ooma Telo), but those weren’t bad and the increase in internet speed should be worth it. We may be able to lower the streaming cost more once we start figuring things out more.

These companies want to fight like this and keep increasing prices on us, it will keep pushing people like us to find alternatives.

0 Likes
Verizon Tegna dispute
jgwm
Enthusiast - Level 2

WUSA9 has been restored to the channel lineup BUT all program information is missing. It still says “This channel has been removed.” So I can’t set up and record any programs on my DVR. Very frustrating. Does anyone else have this same issue? 

0 Likes
sbdman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm still getting the VZ28 "This Channel Has Been Removed". So, effectively my DVR will not record the CBS programs I've set. Yes, I can see what's currently playing, but don't know what the guide info is I'm watching or what's next up.

This still needs to be fixed and is useless. Even tv.verizon.com/watch/guide/ shows nothing!

0 Likes
Watcher517

I can't kudo your post, so will reply - Verizon should be aware that you're not the only one doing the analysis.  I pay a significant amount per month for minimal viewing because there are a few shows we want to watch once or twice a month outside of sports. 

As sports viewing has become possible via individual streaming subscriptions, our cable TV viewing has dropped significantly.  We've kept the service for a few shows and the convenience, but as that benefit disappears, so will we.  I can drop Verizon and pick up a new provider with a new subscriber deal and save money to boot.  

0 Likes
Channel 509 CBS is missing in the guide
MikeBar

Channel 509, CBS guide information is missing in the guide. The guide says "This channel has been removed", but I can access the channel and view it fine. It's just the guide information that's missing and it's causing me to miss recordings.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

0 Likes