Verizon cableboxes remote control: IR or RF?
maison_IT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello All,

I am located in NYC and will soon get Verizon Fios TV (in Feb 2023). Does the cable box comes with an IR or RF remote control? Meaning, do I need line of sight for the remote control to work? The cable box will be hidden below the TV in a cabinet. Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon cableboxes remote control: IR or RF?
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@maison_IT wrote:

Hello All,

I am located in NYC and will soon get Verizon Fios TV (in Feb 2023). Does the cable box comes with an IR or RF remote control? Meaning, do I need line of sight for the remote control to work? The cable box will be hidden below the TV in a cabinet. Thank you.

The new Fios one boxes use both IR and RF systems. Just remember your TV or other devices may rely on IR so the remote sensors would need to be visible to work. The Fios box can go in a cabinet.

View solution in original post

Re: Verizon cableboxes remote control: IR or RF?
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@maison_IT wrote:

Hello All,

The new Fios one boxes use both IR and RF systems. Just remember your TV or other devices may rely on IR so the remote sensors would need to be visible to work. The Fios box can go in a cabinet.