Re: Very slow channel change - intermittant
Geo25
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am also getting intermittant freezing usually when I bring up the guide and try to select a channel. There is about a 30 second freeze before it changes channel. Happens about once a day on my 7232 model.

0 Likes
Re: Random Picture Blackout & Channel Change Delay Issue
guitarman008
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here with the channel changes suddenly getting much slower about a month ago. Sometimes it's 5-10 seconds just to go from one HD channel to the next.  Occasionally it's longer.  But other times it acts normally (which has always been a bit slow).

0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

Mine gets worse every day, it hangs all of the time.

0 Likes
Saladboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

In addition to the freezing and slow channel changes I've been experiencing for a while now, this week I started to experience another annoyance.   My HD DVR reboots at first turn on.  It has done that everyday this week.  After the thing finishes rebooting and I punch up a channel it says not available so I press B to troubleshoot.  It does its thing and that channel comes up.  Change the channel and the same thing happens.  Says channel not available.  This happens with many (but for some reason not all) channels.  I've done all the diagnostics, rebooting etc., even the one that wipes out all all my settings and it doesn't improve.  I saw a reference to this rebooting issue on another forum in the same slow channel change thread there so it seems to be happening to some but not others.  Sorry if this was mentioned in  some of the numerous posts above but I skimmed and didn't say any.  May have missed it though. 

0 Likes
PantherSpawn
How has this been solved if I'm still having the same problem? Not only that, but from time to time when I switch channels, the box turns off and hard resets completely.. Last night I didn't even have power to my my HD DVR for close to two hours.
0 Likes
blueribb
Contributor - Level 1

I marked this thread "solved" because Verizon logged in and answered my question as to the cause and the time frame as to when it will be fixed. Here is what they said:

[q] 10-19-2012 06:34 PM

Thanks for notifying us .This issue was inadvertently caused by a new ad deployment system. You should see some improvement in the next 2 weeks as we are disabling this capability on many channels.

We will be deploying a software fix on all your set top boxes between November 26 to January 7 across all FIOS markets which should resolve this issue fully. Thanks for your patience.

Travis S.
Verizon Telecom Social Media Team [/q]
0 Likes
Re: Very slow channel change - intermittant - NOT SOLVED
Freyjabj

Well, based on the date of 10/19 I would say based on my experience "diabling this capability on many channels" was a complete failure.  Let's see if a software fix does anything.  

{Edited for privacy.}

0 Likes
Re: Very slow channel change - intermittent - NOT SOLVED
pglaeser

Agree that this is NOT resolved.  I have seen zero improvement.  FiOS is currently borderline unusable for my family. 

Anything Verizon?  Do you care about your customers at all?  

0 Likes
Re: Very slow channel change - intermittent - NOT SOLVED
Justin46
Legend

@pglaeser wrote:

Agree that this is NOT resolved.  I have seen zero improvement.  FiOS is currently borderline unusable for my family. 

Anything Verizon?  Do you care about your customers at all?  

From my personal  experience I can say that for me the problem has been 100% fixed. It is my understanding that Verizon has distributed the fix in VHOs 1 and 3; where are you located? Other VHOs are supposed to get the fix through the early part of Jan. as I understand it, hopefully they will move that schedule up.

Keller, TX 76248

Re: Very slow channel change - intermittent
stopspam1

I am still having to reset my TV, two or three times a week, because I can't change channels.  Have to shut off TV/set top box.  Then on and hope an info says, resetting settopbox!  Have to wait several minutes for this to happen.  Two or three times a week is way to much interference!  Why has this not been fixed.  Yes, I have had a tech here, but have had at least 30 occurences since.  Am getting frustrated again.  Why should I pay for bad service?

0 Likes