Video/Audio Intermittent Drop out
y955i

I have a new installation. 3 Cisco CHS435 HDC DVR's. Two of the DVR's that use HDMI have the same problem, random dropout of audio and video. Each are attached to different brands of TV one a Toshiba the other a Sony. The one which does not exhibit the problem is connected via Component Video.

Any solutions/ideas  from Verizon, et al?

0 Likes
Re: Video/Audio Intermittent Drop out
pkegney
Contributor - Level 1

I have a new installation. is this technician installed or self-install?

3 Cisco CHS435 HDC DVR's. Two of the DVR's that use HDMI have the same problem, random dropout of audio and video. Each are attached to different brands of TV one a Toshiba the other a Sony. The one which does not exhibit the problem is connected via Component Video. i've had similar problems with Verizon supplied Motorola boxes (2 Motorola 69xx & presently 7216 model), right now I'm on my 4th box and 3rd HD-DVR. I had been recieving said problem ever since upgrading to these HD boxes, amongst other glitchy stuuf regarding full streaming quality A / V signal to my internal equipment ie; TV, Home Entertaiment Center, etc. I had to call repeatedly until finally a new box was Verizon's solution. I've have done this all over the course of 4+ years with Verizon services. The end result was reciept of the same substandard equipment over and over again, plus all the refubished equipment you get in return is most often just as bad as the units you sent back for repair. They have yet to resolve this issue for me to date. I'm seriously considerng moving to services that I can use my own equipment inconjunction with provider services. ie CableVision, DirectTV. The later being a better choice because you can configure and receive services you want not what some company want to try sell you on. The downside is that it isn't hardwired, it's wireless which offer a host of other glitches but your equpiment will work all the time. The signal might fail but the equipment won't.

So if like the rest of us trying to configure around this persistent problem, many ideas leaning toward using Verizon euipment for the gateway and much better device technology beyond the gateway to provide us with our actual services. Presently the Verizon routers and boxes provide us with the guides plus services however there's much better routers and there's TiVo thus providing a much better infrastructure for networking and Video recording capabilities, plus TiVo provides it's own very configurable internal guide/watchlist/options and very flexible regarding it's upgradable storage capacity (maximum about 1TB at present) and networking capabilities.Smiley Happy

I personally like TiVo's wishlist option in it's guide section for any upcoming events or shows ie; you just provide it with a search word or phrase (name or Title) to watch out for and TiVo will add this programming to your scheduled content, you don't have to watch like with Verizon guide service every 9 days for a new schedule to provide you with new content, whenever TiVo's wishlist query is found it gets immediately added to your scheduled recordings. Hence the aforementioned storage capacity will come in very handy. TiVo come in so many flavor to suit just about anybody's needs while the boxes you have now are substandard in comparision, they try to emulate TiVo but without the complexity or support of TiVo.

So the decision for you is now before you get in too deep ...I said my piece, don't say I didn't warn you :smileywink:

0 Likes