Watch what I've recorded on the DVR on my Mac
pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

I just bought a 2022 MacBook Air with the M2 chip. It will natively run iOS apps. Can I download an app so that I can watch on my Mac what I've recorded on my home DVR?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Watch what I've recorded on the DVR on my Mac
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to click on the My Stuff tab. Also the first time you connect a device you have to be on your home network to register the device.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@pcnerd wrote:

I just bought a 2022 MacBook Air with the M2 chip. It will natively run iOS apps. Can I download an app so that I can watch on my Mac what I've recorded on my home DVR?

Go here for downloads and info:

https://www.verizon.com/home/fiosmobileapps

pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

In the link that you provided, I found 2 apps - Stream TV & Fios TV. Fios TV is the one that I want. It allows me to access my DVR from my Mac. I can't download the Fios TV app.

I bought the Mac so that I could watch on my Mac the TV shows on my DVR.

I wonder if I have to turn on the Mac's ability to run iOS apps.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@pcnerd wrote:

In the link that you provided, I found 2 apps - Stream TV & Fios TV. Fios TV is the one that I want. It allows me to access my DVR from my Mac. I can't download the Fios TV app.

I bought the Mac so that I could watch on my Mac the TV shows on my DVR.

I wonder if I have to turn on the Mac's ability to run iOS apps.

You could also go here in a web browser to watch:

https://tv.verizon.com/watch/

pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

I clicked on the ">" on the mobile app, & I see, "Want to watch DVR content on your mobile device? To see your upgrade options, visit verizon.com/myverizon." I click on the link & go to a webpage about TV One!

Does that mean that I have to spend even more money just to watch shows recorded on my DVR?

0 Likes
pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

I tried that & I'm unable to watch any DVR shows.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to click on the My Stuff tab. Also the first time you connect a device you have to be on your home network to register the device.

pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

Also the first time you connect a device you have to be on your home network to register the device.

Maybe that's been my problem! To which device do you refer that must be registered?

0 Likes
pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

I have the Motorola set-top box. Is that why I'm unable to watch the DVR shows on my smartphone? Do
I need to get the upgrade to the Motorola, I'm not sure of the name?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@pcnerd wrote:

I have the Motorola set-top box. Is that why I'm unable to watch the DVR shows on my smartphone? Do
I need to get the upgrade to the Motorola, I'm not sure of the name?

I don't believe the old Motorola boxes were capable of using the Fios app to stream. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that you need the new Fios One boxes to do what you want to do.