Re: We May Lose ABC, Freeform, ESPN, and Disney Channels
Hammer_Bro
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't particularly care for either ABC or ESPN then again, losing access to Wheel/ Jeopardy! also when tennis airs on ESPN might be problematic...

I would say if they can't seem to salvage ABC/ ESPN, at least try to make a deal so that Disney XD can stay - - loss of Pokemon, Beyblade, and Gravity Falls - - good luck explaining that to the kids (laughs) 😉 

Regards,

H.B.

0 Likes
Re: channel changes
jbeard1
Enthusiast - Level 2

We will switch if this happens. Tired of paying more and more for less and less.

asaxman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Already looking at alternatives, Sling TV, Comcast, etc.  I did not like the statement from Verizon stating they would have to pay more, but that really isn't the problem, it's not their commitment to their customers, but their bottom line and shareholders.  If you have no customers, your shareholders will lose in the end.  You hold us hostage to bundles and overcharge for other services.  

Don't become the dinosaur and evolve.  Offer Options!!!  Look at Kodak and their slow transition away from film. They are a shadow of their former self.  Wake up FIOS.  You will be the folks to end up looking badly here.

Keizman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't do it Verizon. I already have a TV by my excercise bike streaming without your $130/month package. No Disney, No ESPN, No ABC, no Verizon.

eagles340
Enthusiast - Level 2

I like the rest of us will drop FIOS ASAP. If I miss anything. I will drop Verizon. 

You know I may call Comcast now and get better deal bye by FIOS....

Don't Drop ESPN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ClimberDave
Enthusiast - Level 1

It seems that Verizon is contemplating dropping ESPN channels from its lineup (and just before the college football championship game). I would view such a move as a breech of trust with its customers. We sign up based on Verizon's advertised channel lineup. Dropping something as fundamental as ESPN would represent Verizon failing to deliver on a promised service. Whether legally a breech of contract or not, it is certainly a practical breech of contract. If Verizon goes through with this, I cannot image any sports fan staying with Verizon.

Re: Verizon arbitrarily changed my plan
fillow
Enthusiast - Level 2

If Verizon loses ESPN, we will definitely be fighting for a huge reduction on our plan and will then go to You Tube TV and be done with this.  We will cancel everything, pay the lowest plan until our contract ends and then never return.  The email Verizon sent about Disney is complete garbage!  They will not agree to Disney's demands because the channel viewership is low?  really?  We pay a fortune for FIOS because we wanted the sports channels specifically.  If they are gone, so are we.  Who is Verizon really fighting for?

Re: Don't Drop ESPN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MrCheesey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please, please get rid of ESPN.  I am sick of paying over $8 a month for a channel I do not watch.  Everybody that wants to watch and pay for that awful channel can go to Comcast or wherever.  Those left on Fios will just enjoy a lower bill.

Verizon, please do not cave. 

No one cares about sports. 

DO NOT CAVE INTO DISNEYS DEMANDS. 

fillow
Enthusiast - Level 2

Completely agree!!!!  We will be fighting our 2 year contract if they lose these channels.  

0 Likes
Re: Don't Drop ESPN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ABCyez
Enthusiast - Level 1

If they drop these channels, I agree that I will be leaving Verizon FiOS tv.  I watch a great deal of ABC and ESPN programming and would never have gone with them if they weren’t in the line up. Family had tried to tell me that Verizon tv is not worth the money anymore but I have stuck with them for many years. This would be the breaking point. They will lose many subscribers who will not return once they go even if they eventually bring them back.   Make the deal Verizon!  Drop other channels that no one watches!