Re: We want our Me-TV (back)
Hammer_Bro
Enthusiast - Level 3

I love it, i'm gone for all this time (hiatus due to mis-understandings here) then, i return to this. (abbreviated laugh)  Let me say this, this is reminding me (unfortunately) of when Verizon decided to remove the FUNimation channel #262 from the network.  No matter how many petitioners we had, and, trust me, there were a lot of us back in the day, it made not one [1] iota of difference.  People called, wrote in, started independent petitions and protests - - all to no avail.  As a matter of fact, they even took away FUNimation's "On Demand" presence.  I hate to be a "downer", but, just wanted to provide you guys with this "heads up" not to expound too many resources on this.  Verizon does not care, they just don't - - take it from someone who has gone down this miserable path already. 

Let me add, i'm not even from the generation who would necessarily appreciate shows like The Big Valley etc. but, even i, have a respect for shows like Bonanza and The Virginian.  As a matter of fact, i wish the Virginian could be adapted into like a Batman The Animated Series to influence a new generation that loves animated shows.  The Virginian instilled a lot of decent values, many of which, this generation could stand to use.  Anyhow, you might still be able to access Westerns on INSP. 

Take care,

H.B.     

Mohnkern1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm understanding cord cutters more and more.

0 Likes
SkiDC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wish MeTV back on FIOS service. I have missed so many shows that is longer available on FIOS....Why.....

talby1027
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to Verizon, Esquire Network, channel 160, will leave the FIOS lineup around 6/28/17.  Verizon, just use channel 160 in the DC region to put METV back on, please?  Why does this have to be brain surgery?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its probably not a matter of space.

Verizon and WTTG (the main channel that carries Me TV in DC) have to come to a financial agreement. Then it can be connected and programmed.

We have no idea what the hold up is. Could be that Verizon hasn't started their neogtiations, WTTG may not be ready for negotations or they two can't come to a financial agreement.

For channel content, there are tyically two charges. A fixed charge (for connecting) then a per subscriber charge. Other cable companies have come to agreements. Its possible they have more customers so they can get a better deal than Verizon can.

I understand that Verizon is the cable provider. But has anyone reached out to WTTG for their side of the story?

0 Likes
Charlieph
Enthusiast - Level 1

Heck.. NO METV - and I am leaving Comcast for this.. Verizon has to have 24 hours a day 7 days a week METV.   I guess I will cancel my installation now until Verizon does have it.

KatrinaDad
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yay!!!! Me-TV is finally back on Fios!!!! Channel 489.  It took a while and I didn't think you'd get the channel back in the lineup but you did it.  Thanks, Fios!

Mohnkern1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yay!

No message from Verizon, but my recordings came back.

only took five months.

0 Likes
DCGozer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, no message from Verizon - you would think they would tell us what they're adding since they're constantly telling us what they're removing.  I actually got a message back from MeTV that I sent in months ago letting me know they were on 489.  Very happy to have this back.

taznjeff
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's back on Channel 489!!!!  Yay!!!