Re: What's Going On With Your Guide?
tomb01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there some way to show the guide in 16:9 instead of 4:3 mode?   I get black bars on either side of the 'new/better' guide.  And is there some way to remove that idiotic bar at the bottom so I can see at least one more channel?  I've got hundreds of channels, and they decide I can only see 6 of them at a time?   How do I get rid of the description of the middle channel?  

No, am not happy with Verizon.   Am strongly considering shifting to U-Verse.   The penalty for cancelling early would only be slightly higher than one months charges.

0 Likes
kpolingo
Enthusiast - Level 2

No........ You're wrong this guide is CRAP, it is not user friendly.... Just a bunch of wasted space and repeated options in different categories.  Why would you think that it is better when coloring so bad and it takes twice as long to view channels.

randijuric1
Enthusiast - Level 1

the new guide is terrible it doesnt fit my screen at all i have to resize between guide and the tv show. it sucks horrible. the last one was better and i have to reprogram all of my shows i had set to automatically dvr. **bleep**. man....this guide is crap and terrible for the eyes too.

Sparks66
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are also having problems with the "NEW" guide, Justin remarks about the Set Top Box type, I have a QIP2500-3 is classified as an "old" one?

Bamanative1
Enthusiast - Level 2
As with every Saturday morning I get up to see what college football teams are playing on TV. I have to go through folder after folder to see who is playing on what channel and what time. Or I have to go through the entire guide to find channels and times. I even tried the TV listings in myverizon.com. The only choice I have is to look at today's paper to find that information. This is unacceptable. It's not just sports, if you want to find any Tv show and channel you have to go through the same process. Maybe you need to look at Cox Cable and see how their guide is set up. It's easy to use and you can find what you want in minimum time. My suggestion is the next time you make a drastic change get some people off the street and ask them to find a program they want and then you will know if it is user friendly. Your current guide is not.
tns
Master - Level 2

@Sparks66 wrote:

We are also having problems with the "NEW" guide, Justin remarks about the Set Top Box type, I have a QIP2500-3 is classified as an "old" one?

Only the Motorola 7xxx and CISCO boxes can be said to be new.  Even some of the 7xxx models have been out awhile.

boblog
Enthusiast - Level 2

New guide is horrible. especially the bottom notice when you change channels. covers half the screen for tooo long

Thebobo
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Justin wrote:

..or maybe your willingness to accept change.  

Keller, TX 76248

Or maybe you want to pay for my eye transplants so i can see the channels? 

Its not my 'perspective" its my eyes,  I have to strain to be able to see the fonts.

Not everyone has 60" TVs 

Justin46
Legend

@Thebobo wrote:

Its not my 'perspective" its my eyes,  I have to strain to be able to see the fonts.

Not everyone has 60" TVs 

I see no need for you to get eye transplants, I think you just make an honest effort to adapt. Or get (or put on) your glasses - I am very nearsighted and I can read the new Guide without my glasses even on. Or go find a new TV provider. Verizon has now converted a large segment of their customer base to 1.9, I don't foresee any chance at all that they are going to go back to the dark ages with the old IMG. So the next step is up to you I think.

60" TV? Nope, not here, mine is 40. And we have a 32" SD TV and a 27" SD TV, no issues there either.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Thebobo
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Justin wrote:

@Thebobo wrote:

Not everyone has 60" TVs 

I see no need for you to get eye transplants, I think you just make an honest effort to adapt. Or get (or put on) your glasses - I am very nearsighted and I can read the new Guide without my glasses even on. Or go find a new TV provider. Verizon has now converted a large segment of their customer base to 1.9, I don't foresee any chance at all that they are going to go back to the dark ages with the old IMG. So the next step is up to you I think.

60" TV? Nope, not here, mine is 40. And we have a 32" SD TV and a 27" SD TV, no issues there either.

Keller, TX 76248

Its all very fustrating - one day it works and another I cant see my channelst. Guess between this and the FTP debacle, it just hit a nerve.

I did spend some time with the video options and found that I was set to HD for the guide and set it to SD. Well the fonts are bigger,  in fact everything is to big but at least I can see it, for now. still think the layout is cluttered and the colors are a blur, for me.  I also had my STB crash two times last night while to accessing the DVR. 

0 Likes