What were you guys thinking or not thinking?
donc11
Enthusiast - Level 1

What were you guys thinking or not thinking?

We recieved the new guid update it terrible. it's a pail blue with white text, a smaller text size , and it stayson screen for 3 seconds you couldn't read it if you could see it w/the white on light color. do you guys ever look at demmographics the largest sement of population are baby boomers , hello has anyone heard of age related blindness or at least decline. the old info bar stayed on longer so you had a chance to read it and the font size was large enough, and color contrast allowed me  to read from the next room  now you have to be on top of the tv. and keep hitting the button to read it. are you guys trying to give people another reason to leave if so you're doing a darn good job!

Re: What were you guys thinking or not thinking?
Michaelg931
Enthusiast - Level 1
I agree 100%. This is absolutely ridiculous. Bring back the old format, if this is the best you can do. This extremely difficult to read.
RichKlare
Enthusiast - Level 1

What a crappy idea! When I first turned the FIOS on the screen demanded selection of TV screen format. I had to open it several times before I could get to an actual show image

The colors have less contrast than the previous format. This morning I was having difficulty reading some of the text while lying in bed.

The distinct colors of the previous format was very distinctive and permitted scrolling through the listing much more quickly than the present format. Also you can't tell if a listing is new for that half hour or continued from the previous time slot unless you actually bring it to the reader line. The previous format had arrows indicating a continuing listing.

Congratulations,you have now come down to Cox Cable's level.

WkdPanda
Enthusiast - Level 2

@RichKlare wrote:

What a crappy idea! When I first turned the FIOS on the screen demanded selection of TV screen format. I had to open it several times before I could get to an actual show image

The colors have less contrast than the previous format. This morning I was having difficulty reading some of the text while lying in bed.

The distinct colors of the previous format was very distinctive and permitted scrolling through the listing much more quickly than the present format. Also you can't tell if a listing is new for that half hour or continued from the previous time slot unless you actually bring it to the reader line. The previous format had arrows indicating a continuing listing.

Congratulations,you have now come down to Cox Cable's level.

Please allow us to revert to the old guide by choice!!  I have to second these comments. 

The new guide is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT for the VISUALLY CHALLENGED - my brother is partially blind, and this change yesterday is TERRIBLE.

I like FIOS in general, but this change makes me have to start looking at other services now.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Please forget suggestions of going back to old guide.  There were lots of things wrong with the guide, many of which were addressed and yes some screwed up.  Whether you like it or not, the colors were thought to be to dark by many,   Instead suggest making some changes going forward.  Use http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/idb-p/ideas .  For example there is a suggestion that the user be given a choice of different colors and fonts already there.

0 Likes
ELaw1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new guide is also EXTREMELY DIFFICULT for some who are NOT visually challenged! :^(

I can't imagine anyone with any qualifications in UI design worked on this thing.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that small medium-gray text on a medium-blue background is going to be hard to read.  And no I don't have crummy old SD equipment or anything, this is on a 50" plasma TV that's about a month old.

The sad thing is, the ability to make some simple selections of font size and color would completely eliminate the issue - for me at least.

It's funny, a couple of days ago my wife and I were discussing Steve Jobs' death and Apple.  I was trying to make the point that Apple distinguished themselves in the marketplace by emphasizing a good user experience with their products, and pointed to the FIOS DVR as an example of something Apple would *never* release to market...

Okay one additional completely off-topic note, speaking of user experience: when I spell-checked this message, the checker flagged both "FIOS" and "DVR" as misspellings.  Way to go, Verizon!

0 Likes