What will happen to my HBO/Movies package?
fishacura
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I signed my last FIOS contract 2 years ago, I got what was called the HBO/Movies package which combined HBO and the general Movies package (encore/flix/etc) for $26/month.

My 2 year contract is ending and I am going to renew FIOS extreme.

My question is...what will happen to this movie package since it's not available currently (they have another one that is HBO/Cinemax/Movies for $36)

1. They will continue HBO/Movies at my current $26 rate
2. They will continue HBO & Movies but since there is no current combined plan they will bill separately at current rates approx $33

They SWEAR on the phone that it'll be option #1 above. Anyone have a similar experience and know the answer?

0 Likes
Re: What will happen to my HBO/Movies package?
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

It will be #1 UNTIL you make any changes to your account.

I was just told this too

0 Likes
fishacura
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, looks like we were both told the wrong thing.  If you have HBO/Movies and upgrade from Extreme to Ultimate, HBO and movies get dropped and need to be re-added AT CURRENT prices.  I am so upset by this as I was clearly told this was not going to be the case and saved the chat log.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@fishacura wrote:

Well, looks like we were both told the wrong thing.  If you have HBO/Movies and upgrade from Extreme to Ultimate, HBO and movies get dropped and need to be re-added AT CURRENT prices.  I am so upset by this as I was clearly told this was not going to be the case and saved the chat log.

I agree that it's a mess. The Ultimate package includes the Showtime and The Movie Channels that are also part of the Movies package. The movies Package also has Encore and Stars, Ultimate does not. What a mess. I don't think they have this worked out yet, but read somewhere in the forums that for 9.99 you can add Stars and Encore. I have not seen that anywhere on the Verizon web site or in print. There are many unhappy customers regarding the bundling of the Premium channels in the Ulitmate package, and the New Tiers. I being one of them. I am not changing a thing until forced to do so, or something gets fixed. Faster internet or not! To get faster internet you would lose channels or need to get the Ultimate package. I think there should be Ultimate or Ultimate Movies. Or just put all the HD back in the Extreme package and offer and Ultimate package with all the premium movie channels.

My $2 worth.

0 Likes
fishacura
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed.  My issue is more that the folks who work for them don't even understand.  I can't tell you how many times I have heard that the NFL Red Zone WAS included in ultimate and how many times I heard it WAS NOT included in ultimate.  I don't think anyone knows but I think it actually is as some (note some not ALL) promotional material says it is.

I was also told 2x by two separate people that my HBO/Movies package "would not change and I'd be billed what I was billed now).  Just not true...

I love their product, I actually like how they recover from errors, but the left hand and right hand at Verizon simply don't talk to each other well enough.  I'm such a huge promoter of theirs even when mistakes like this happen because they are nice and treat me well on the phone.  You'd think they do something for folks like me who have this major issue and were promised one thing but it was not delivered upon.  I'd settle for a baseball cap 🙂

prisaz
Legend

{edited}

I too like my Verizon FIOS and have been a Verizon customer for many years. I had ISDN before there was DSL. So yes I knocked down their door to get FIOS ASAP. Because of P poor contractors, I even ended up burying my own cable 18" deep for 100ft because all they did was put it under the grass. Yes I had my issues, but had my FIOS months before my neighbors.

Sorry for going off topic.

0 Likes
fishacura
Enthusiast - Level 2

+1 for being a trend setter.  I too talked virtually my entire block into switching.  I am such good word of mouth for them and so loyal.  Wish they could see and measure that.  Oh well...

0 Likes
ScottM
Enthusiast - Level 3

@prisaz wrote:

I agree that it's a mess. The Ultimate package includes the Showtime and The Movie Channels that are also part of the Movies package. The movies Package also has Encore and Stars, Ultimate does not. What a mess. I don't think they have this worked out yet, but read somewhere in the forums that for 9.99 you can add Stars and Encore. I have not seen that anywhere on the Verizon web site or in print. There are many unhappy customers regarding the bundling of the Premium channels in the Ulitmate package, and the New Tiers. I being one of them. I am not changing a thing until forced to do so, or something gets fixed. Faster internet or not! To get faster internet you would lose channels or need to get the Ultimate package. I think there should be Ultimate or Ultimate Movies. Or just put all the HD back in the Extreme package and offer and Ultimate package with all the premium movie channels.

My $2 worth.

Ditto.  Ditto.  Ditto.   Have any friends or family with FiOS in NYC area?   Ask them.   What you are suggesting verizon should do is give the rest of us what the NYC area gets, the Ultimate package with all the premium movie channels.  Unfortunately I've already been switched and don't live in NYC or northern NJ.  

0 Likes
StuffOfInterest
Enthusiast - Level 3

@prisaz wrote:

{edited}

I too like my Verizon FIOS and have been a Verizon customer for many years. I had ISDN before there was DSL. So yes I knocked down their door to get FIOS ASAP. Because of P poor contractors, I even ended up burying my own cable 18" deep for 100ft because all they did was put it under the grass. Yes I had my issues, but had my FIOS months before my neighbors.

Even more OT, but I'd like to offer up a suggestion here which may help others in the future.  Rather than buring the line, bury a flexible conduit.  This makes it easy to change out the cable if needed in the future.  As an example, I had a 1" conduit running from the utility pole at the corner of my lot to my house which was put in during an electrical upgrade for the house.  Until my FiOS install that conduit had a RG-6 coax in it for CATV.  When the FiOS fiber contractor showed up, all they did was pull the coax back with a string tied to the end, tie both the cable and the new fiber line onto that string, and pull both in through the conduit.  End result was that I had both coax and fiber running from the pole to the house.  The contractor was at the house less than an hour and the end result was that I had no digging in the yard.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@StuffOfInterest wrote:

@prisaz wrote:

{edited}

Even more OT, but I'd like to offer up a suggestion here which may help others in the future.  Rather than buring the line, bury a flexible conduit.  This makes it easy to change out the cable if needed in the future.  As an example, I had a 1" conduit running from the utility pole at the corner of my lot to my house which was put in during an electrical upgrade for the house.  Until my FiOS install that conduit had a RG-6 coax in it for CATV.  When the FiOS fiber contractor showed up, all they did was pull the coax back with a string tied to the end, tie both the cable and the new fiber line onto that string, and pull both in through the conduit.  End result was that I had both coax and fiber running from the pole to the house.  The contractor was at the house less than an hour and the end result was that I had no digging in the yard.

OFF TOPIC AGAIN.
Yes I did have a conduit run from outside my house to the area right inside from my NID. Also mounted 3/4" AC plywood on the wall for the installation next to the newly installed power outlet. Yes my ONT is in the basement in my utility room. It was 99deg f that day and the installers loved me. But I at least expected contactors to put the cable in the ground. I had a temporary running on top or the ground for two months before the contractors came a poked it inter the grass. I pulled it up and put it in at least deeper than the CATV.
0 Likes