Where the hell is the quality control with FIOS?
candcgregory
Enthusiast - Level 3

It seems that FIOS TV is going downhill. With each new release, there are new problems popping up all over the place. or old problems are not being fixed.

I just turned on FIOS to watch a movie. Chanel 921 MAX HD W in Dallas. Terminator 2. The picture is literally freezing every five seconds. The sound is stuttering. The picture is pixilated all over my TV. The chanel below it, 922 MORMAX, is doing the same thing. Two nights ago, MLB Chanel and the one below it were doing the same thing. So, I push menu on my remote to run the in home agent, wondering if there isn't something it can do to fix/report this (ya right). As soon as I push menu, the main menu pops up. I push down to move to settings, and the entire menu freezes up on me for a good 15 seconds. My choices are to wait, and hope it corrects itself, or turn the DVR off and on.

I'm still having the issues with the DVR skipping/freezing during playback. 

Do you have ANY people to test things before releasing them to the public? Or do you all just tweak a few things, cross your fingers, and hope it works? I had Time Warner at my last place, and NEVER had the litney of problems I'm having with FIOS. If I were running a company, and saw this many inexcusable problems, I'd be embarrassed. 

Seriously, what the hell is going on?

0 Likes
Re: Where the hell is the quality control with FIOS?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Yes we do rigorous testing. If the regular operation after the upgrade was what you are experiencing, it wouldn't have been released. Obiously there is something going on here out of the norm. Please try setting the box by pressing menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION. Please let us know if further assistance is required because we made need to redownload the software to the box.

0 Likes
DaveMasters
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had FIOS here in Plano for about a month and it has been the worse experience I have ever had with TV. It hasn't worked correctly since it was installed, hours on chat/phone, several visits from tech support and I still have problems.

Verizon has been a complete disaster for me here in Plano.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@DaveMasters wrote:

I've had FIOS here in Plano for about a month and it has been the worse experience I have ever had with TV. It hasn't worked correctly since it was installed, hours on chat/phone, several visits from tech support and I still have problems.

Verizon has been a complete disaster for me here in Plano.

And I am in the same VHO in North Texas as you are, and I have not had a single problem with my FiOS TV service since getting the 1.9.1 upgrade. I have found it to be excellent quality.

If you would detail your environment (type of STBs, type of TVs, package, etc) and the specific problems you are having, hopefully someone here can make some suggestions on how to fix those problems.There are a number of customers here with extensive FiOS experience and a willingness to help.

Just posting how unhappy you are isn't going to accomplish anything......

Keller, TX 76248

DaveMasters
Enthusiast - Level 3

Justin, My original ID was "DaveNPlanoTX" you may remember my ID from a month or so ago. Well, I am still having the exact issue as I had the day FIOS was installed. It is NOT and issue with the STB or version, rather a hardware issue within my attic or outside.

Tech support has been to my home on three occasions only to have the same issue pop up in another area or TV. They narrow the problem down to a splitter in my attic and have changed that area three times and still no fix. It simply resolves the problem in one set of channels only to have it pop up in another set of channels. Recently, the problem has moved to my other STB.

I have a post open now with details so you can see info there.

Thanks,

David Masters

Plano, TX

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi DaveMasters

Your issue is being handled from the thread you started yesterday. Please do not repost the problem in other threads, as that can slow down a resolution when it gets escalated twice.

0 Likes
DaveMasters
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is no indication in my original post or via email of an "escalation" of my problem. You simply pointed me to a website that did not work. My apologies for breaking rules.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

I have sent you a PM Smiley Happy

0 Likes