Will replacing my FIOS router delete my DVRd programs?
jbren2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been told my verizon phone support that the problems with mymulti room dvr playback

could be caused my my router. They sent me a replacement, and I'm wondering if replacing

will delete any programs I have already DVRd.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes
Re: Will replacing my FIOS router delete my DVRd programs?
PJL
Master - Level 3

Replacing the router will not impact DVR recordings.  If you replace the STB where the recordings reside they wil obviously be lost.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@jbren wrote:

I've been told my verizon phone support that the problems with mymulti room dvr playback

could be caused my my router. They sent me a replacement, and I'm wondering if replacing

will delete any programs I have already DVRd.

Thanks in advance for your help.

No it will not cause you to lose any recordings you already have.

What kind of problems are you having with the multi-room playback? What Error messages are you getting, what types of STBs do you have, etc.? Can you view the recordings on the DVR itself? Do you have an external hard drive attached to the DVR? Have you done any customization on the router, and if so, what, and have you tried resetting the router back to factory defaults? Please be as specific as you can, it could very well be that whatever the problem is can be resolved without replacing the router.

What steps have you tried to resolve the problem? Have you run the InHomeAgent on your DVR?

There are lots of people here with knowledge that may be able to help you if you provide detailed information.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
jbren2
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is currently being discussed on a private board, however, the router question was not

addressed.

I have tried EVERYTHING to get playback on some shows on my STBs which can be viewed on the DVR. Verizon phone support suggested the new router, so I'll give that a

try and report back to the VZ guy on my private board.

Basically, when I try playback on some programs, it just freezes then goes back to the program on the TV. No error message...just a freeze.  In home agent hasn't helped.

Geesh...and it always happens on shows that aren't available on demand. LOL

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@jbren wrote:

This is currently being discussed on a private board, however, the router question was not

addressed.

I have tried EVERYTHING to get playback on some shows on my STBs which can be viewed on the DVR. Verizon phone support suggested the new router, so I'll give that a

try and report back to the VZ guy on my private board.

Basically, when I try playback on some programs, it just freezes then goes back to the program on the TV. No error message...just a freeze.  In home agent hasn't helped.

Geesh...and it always happens on shows that aren't available on demand. LOL

OK, good luck. I really doubt it is the router, but who knows, maybe it is. It sounds like things work ok for some programs but not others, but since you won't provide any details about your environment or what you have actually tried to address the issue, I doubt anybody here can help you. But if the router doesn't help, I suggest you come back with details and hopefully someone here can help.

Keller, TX 76248

jbren2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Justin.. I have a DVR and the 2 set top boxes are Cisco 333HDC.  Shows record on the DVR and some will not play back on the other 2 boxes, or they play for a while then get cut off and go back to live tv and the one cut off does not have a 'resume play' option, only 'play' and then it doesn't.

I have made no adjustments or changes to anything since the FIOS was installed in June 2011. 

I have used in home agent, unplugged unit, unplugged stbs, unplugged router, etc. etc.

Last night I was on live chat and was disconnected from there and no callback.  Getting

very frustrated.

I get no error messages when these things occor.  I received the new router, however, reading here yesterday, I am kind of reluctant to install it. 

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

To the OP:  If you see the problem on both non-DVR STBs, then it is the router or the DVR itself.  You didn't mention if they replaced the DVR yet,  This sound like a MOCA issue (it's how the video is shared from DVR to STB), so it may in fact be the router or actual cabling.

0 Likes