Re: dropping bloomberg TV
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So the fact that the competition in your area doesn't carry it should say something.
And when I looked, you can stream live via web browser as well as AppleTv and Roku.

I'm guessing (just like TWC) the number of actual viewers didn't justify the cost.

0 Likes
NJFA87
Enthusiast - Level 1

The live TV broadcast and the live streaming webcast (Android/Apple app, Bloomberg.com) are not even close to being the same thing. The content and quality offered on the TV broadcast is undoubtedly superior. The fact that Verizon stated that the two services are the same only insults the intelligence of anyone who has watched both versions at least one time. I’m sure both companies will reach some sort of an agreement but the abrupt disruption of service and the childish excuse made by Verizon (Verizon’s direct message to its customers) should be taken note of by shareholders as anecdotal evidence of Verizon’s commitment to customer satisfaction.

Bloomberg TV
NancyHaHa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am extremely upset that Verizon no longer supports Bloomberg TV - Verizon won't pay for good content? What's that about? I watched bloomberg every morning for around 2 hours. I am very disappointed with my service - bloomberg is an essesntial channel for me.

Re: bloomberg news
Louis01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree.  We pay Verizon a fortune for sports stations we never watch.  We watch Bloomberg throughout the day. Time to consider cutting the TV cord!

deor12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon's choice to drop Bloomberg makes our decision to change carriers and save a little money for a while all that much easier.

sabrechris
Enthusiast - Level 1

So dropping Bloomberg TV and Weather Channel while adding channels like Newsmax and One America News. Not much reason to stay with Verizon these days. Can't beleive I'm saying this, but Comast is better now. Comcast has both Bloomberg and Weather Channel, and even has a nice remote feature where you can search for shows with a voice command instead of slowly entering in letters one at a time. Verizon and Ajit Pai are trash.

Re: Bloomberg TV will be removed from the Fios® TV channel lineup - NEED TO REVERSE THIS DECISION
tony211
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.   The online Live TV feed does not have the scrolling news banner on the right of the tv screen, nor does it have the financial banner across the bottom that alternates the current values of the various indices that alternates with the 2 day trend chart.   And staring at the little screen is not comparable to watching on the TV.   If the TV is on in the background, one can catch a story that interests, rather than having to be staring at one's phone all day in case something of interest occurs.   The content and depth of this channel is not matched by any other alternative "like" channels offered.   It's the first channel I put on in the morning and view often throughout the day.   Please reverse this decision immediately.    There are dozens and dozens of channels of little or no value in your offering, cut them if you are looking to reduce costs and keep this one whose value is unmatched.    And for verizon to suggest what amounts to cutting the cord seems to be not in their own best interest.   Is this the first salvo fired in the net neutrality discussion ??

Re: Bloomberg TV will be removed from the Fios® TV channel lineup - NEED TO REVERSE THIS DECISION
Responder1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree...I taped most of my Bloomberg shows to watch whenever I was available.  Streaming does not offer that...there are many quality shows on Bloomberg that many viewers will miss.  

Re: losing access to Bloomberg News
Responder1
Enthusiast - Level 1

What about the dollars we are paying for our packages...what will be added back or how will a credit work...we choose our packages based on channels offered not on channels lost.

Re: bloomberg news
georgeb2
Enthusiast - Level 1

About all you can say for FIOS is that it's hardware is reliable. Removing Bloomberg TV and keeping Newsmax is pretty lame.  Also dropping HD for CNBC not good.  Fortunately there are not many areas where FIOS is the only provider of TV, Internet, and Phone.  Comcast sales person visited on Tuesday offering $ for me to come back. Comcast channel guide lists Bloomberg, CNBC, and Weather Channel in HD.

Since Cable/satellite TV is the prime outlet for all TV stations, why is it that we pay FIOS (or Comcast) and they pay the network for content?  Should not the broadcasters pay FIOS and other cable companies so that we will watch the content as well as advertising they sell?  But maybe FIOS would just like to sell internet and phone and not have the hassle of FIOS TV.