fios voice remote
shells44
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have recently switched to Fios and have a crazy issue with my remotes.  The remotes are programmed, by the installer, to turn tv and DVR/box on and off simultaneously.  I was having a problem with both TVs on/off out of sync with the boxes.  The problem was solve accidently by turning the remotes on its side as I pressed the power button. Has anyone else encountered this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: fios voice remote
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This can happen with "universal" remotes.  They are just sending a toggle power command.

So if one device misses the command, it will be out of sync with the other.

Change one of them manually to get them back in sync.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This can happen with "universal" remotes.  They are just sending a toggle power command.

So if one device misses the command, it will be out of sync with the other.

Change one of them manually to get them back in sync.

General2
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is because the fios remote talks to the settop box via bluetooth so it does not need to be pointed at the box.  But it talks to the TV via infrared light and needs to be pointed at the tv to communicate with it.  So anytime you press the off button while it is not pointing at the tv, it will only turn on or off the set top box and not the TV.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes