guide navigation too slow
philomena92

I guess i'm writing here as an alternative to smashing my tv..  why is the fios navigation (guide, widgets, etc..) so terribly slow between presses of buttons?  going down the tv guide you have to press down, then wait, then press down again, then wait..  to me this is unacceptable for an otherwise good service..  i have a 15mbps connection so it's not my internet speed.   For fiber optic service that boasts such fast internet this is just an insult.  I avoid the guide as much as possible for this reason and dread even having to use it.  Is there anything we can do about this?

0 Likes
Re: guide navigation too slow
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

One easy way to reset the box memory making it run more efficiently is to unplug the power cord for 20 seconds.

0 Likes
philomena92

they updated the look of the guide recently and ever since the navigation has been slow

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@philomena92 wrote:

they updated the look of the guide recently and ever since the navigation has been slow

What model STB(s) do you have? If it is a 6416 DVR, then yes, it is going to be slow. I have a 7232 DVR and two 7100-P2 HD STBs and they all work quite nicely with the new 1.9A level of the IMG.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
mindkeeper

I agree. I hate the new guide. It is extremely slow. It is so slow I am about to look at xFinity for new service. In this day and age with technology, this appears to be about 50 years in reverse.

0 Likes
BurtReynolds
Contributor - Level 1

The 6416 is not equipped to handle this new software.  I guess it is the "reward" you get for being a long time customer.  Mine is unbearable and I am hopefully going to resolve the situation today.  

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@mindkeeper wrote:

I agree. I hate the new guide. It is extremely slow. It is so slow I am about to look at xFinity for new service. In this day and age with technology, this appears to be about 50 years in reverse.

If you have the older 6xxx STBs, then call Verizon tech support and request 7xxx replacements. It won't cost you anything to get 7xxx STBs except a 7232, and for a $40 onetime charge you can get the new 7232 DVR with the 500GB hard drive.

See this thread:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/IMG-1-9/Poor-Customer-service/m-p/377493#M1411

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes