mp3/mp4 playback support
bc391

in the article that was posted about the upgrade to 1.9, there was mention that some devices would be compatiblle with mp3 and mp4 playback. does anyone know which devices these would be?

i have a motorola 7216, and like the idea (ok, i LOVE the idea) of adding an external drive. but from what i've read in other threads, any content that i add to the external drive will be lost in format.

so why offer  support for mp4, and how do you get the content onto the dvr to be played?

0 Likes
Re: mp3/mp4 playback support
PJL
Master - Level 3

@bc39 wrote:

in the article that was posted about the upgrade to 1.9, there was mention that some devices would be compatiblle with mp3 and mp4 playback. does anyone know which devices these would be?

i have a motorola 7216, and like the idea (ok, i LOVE the idea) of adding an external drive. but from what i've read in other threads, any content that i add to the external drive will be lost in format.

so why offer  support for mp4, and how do you get the content onto the dvr to be played?

The 7XXX STBs supports decoding for mp4 streams supplied to the STBs (via the normal QAM or IP signals).  There is no way to "play" mp4 content on the box.

0 Likes
Re: mp3/mp4 playback support
bc391

gotcha, thanks!

0 Likes