multi-room DVR plus regular DVR
taliaferro62

I have 3 STBs: 2 HD DVRs and 1 HD STB.  Can I get DVR A to recognize DVR B and vice versa, such that I can watch programs recorded on either DVR on the other DVR or other STB?

Background - very frustrated because I was told a few years back that FIOS didn't support MRDVR + DVR together, so I went with DVR + DVR in my house.  Then 10 days ago when VZ replaced one of my DVRs (they thought it might be the root of ONDMD issues), after activation it would not act as a DVR so I called support.  They finally got it to act as a DVR, and on top of that, got it to recognize the other DVR's recordings and vice versa. This worked marvelously for2-3 days.  I went out of town for a week and upon return, the newer DVR (7232) wouldn't record any more, but would recognize the older DVR (7216).  I called support again, and they said I can't have both set to be MRDVR.   So they undid it and now I'm back to DVR + DVR but wondering how it worked OK for a few days.  Any ideas?  I'd really like to go back to having one DVR see the other and vice versa.

0 Likes
Re: multi-room DVR plus regular DVR
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We can take a look at the account to see if you are subscribed to our multiroom DVR feature. So we can get more information from you, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences to there from here on out. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

0 Likes