multiiroom DVR;s
sdspa

I was hoping to switch to FIOS from Timewarner but have one problem which I hope someone can help me with. Currently I have 2 mutliroom DVR's in my house and one stand alone box.  I can tape a show on 1 DVR and watch them on either the other DVR or the stand alone box.  Same for the other DVR. 

When I spoke to FIOS yesterday to transfer they said that I could not have 2 multiiroom DVR's since you could only watch a multiiroom DVR on that TV or a stand alone box.  

Does anyone else have this issue needing 2 mutliroom DVR's in the house.  Does anyone know if FIOS is working on this issue for the future? If I do this with Timewarner they in theory I should be able to do this with FIOS.

THanks

0 Likes
Re: multiiroom DVR;s
prisaz
Legend

@sdspa wrote:

I was hoping to switch to FIOS from Timewarner but have one problem which I hope someone can help me with. Currently I have 2 mutliroom DVR's in my house and one stand alone box.  I can tape a show on 1 DVR and watch them on either the other DVR or the stand alone box.  Same for the other DVR. 

I can record on either DVR, and watch on either DVR, or HD STB.

When I spoke to FIOS yesterday to transfer they said that I could not have 2 multiiroom DVR's since you could only watch a multiiroom DVR on that TV or a stand alone box.  

You only need one defined on your account as a Multiroom DVR, and the other is just a DVR. Multiroon DVR is just enabled by software, and there is no difference in hardware.

Does anyone else have this issue needing 2 mutliroom DVR's in the house.  Does anyone know if FIOS is working on this issue for the future? If I do this with Timewarner they in theory I should be able to do this with FIOS.

I just had a second DVR added to my account today and both DVRs see each other for playback. The HD STBs see both DVRs and can select which one to record to, or play back from. The only issue I am finding, is how I can tell the DVR I want to record on the other DVR and not itself. The STBs can select which DVR to record on, why not the DVRs? I am working on that. If that is not possible I may be taking the second DVR back. I need the DVR to be able to select where to record, just like the HD STBs can. I may be missing something, or the Multi-Hub feature is just not set right, and I am only seeing this as Multi-room. I need to find this out.

THanks

0 Likes
sdspa

Thanks,

My mom who has FIOS for over a year said yesterday she was able to. i will call FIOS but must have been a upgrade.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Where are you from?  A majority of the Northeast received the latest STB software earlier this week.

0 Likes