nbcolympics login problems
mvwriter001
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I am having a problem viewing the olympics streams over at nbcolympics.com, please help!

I am using a Mac and I have tried both Chrome and Safari.

I select the stream to watch, click the sign in button, select FiOS Verison, and enter my id and password, at this point it appears to redirect but nothing happens after the page blanks out.

the url after submitting my login info looks like this:

https://signin.verizon.com/sso/VOLPortalLogin?SAMLRequest=fZJRT9swFIXf9yssvydxMmiC1QR1VIhK3cho4GEvk%...
Re: nbcolympics login problems
andrez278

I'm having the same issue.

Also I see this topic was merged with a topic from last olympics where this wasn't working either.

Great...

I'd like to add that it's not working on Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft "Edge"

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Same thing as Reported for all these special channels.  I am posting my standard reply which is for HBO but it is essentially the same.  Yes I had the same problem last Olympics, but what I posted below did make it work.  Note I cannot test, now being Frontier, but a friend told me the below does work for this Olympics.

A bunch of things lead to problems loging into HBO GO and many other Online Channel sites.

• You must get HBO (or whatever channel you are trying to use) from Verizon
  • At least the first time you may first have to sign out of the Verizon site.  It gets confused easily.
  • You must allow third party cookies
  • You must be running Flash, Flash must be allowed to store info for third parties.  (not sure what is used instead of FLASH on some other platforms)
  • You must not have your Browser options set to delete Information when exiting Browser.  Flash takes this as deleting information when exiting a site.

The general way it works is for you to go to HBO GO site.  Ask to look at something and it switches in a FRAME pointing to VERIZON and you signin. Verizon stores some information in flash and returns. That information must still be there so that HBO accepts you as authorized. 

0 Likes
bearsfolks
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here. I've tried to sign in with my account's master user id and pwd, as well as with subsidiary user ids. 

All that happens is that after signing in I get thrown to the Verizon.net sign-in page!!!

I'm using Win 7 Pro, and have tried it on several computers.

Help!

0 Likes
bearsfolks
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update to previous problem:

Now, when I click on FiOs on the nbcolympics page listing the various tv providers, it freezes on the next page, which shows "signin.verizon.com" on the tab, and has the url:

https://signin.verizon.com/sso/VOLPortalLogin?SAMLRequest=fZJLb9swEITv%2FRUE79TLjqUQlgI3RhADbqPESg65...

0 Likes
rcazangi

Same problem here happening with all major browsers. Does anyone know any workarounds since Verizon seems uninterested and unable to address this issue?

Also, on a different but related topic, when I try go use the NBC Sports app, it does not let me stream saying I don't have the required channels which I obviously do.

0 Likes
AySz88
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here; WIndows 10, all browsers (IE, Edge, Firefox, Chrome).  Seems widespread....  Can't even figure out how to get in touch with Verizon support directly - this doesn't quite fit any of the Web/TV/phone categories they offer. 😕

Contacted NBC Olympics support at support@nbctve.zendesk.com - will check back if they have any clues.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

As I said in my post you must first SIGN OUT on the Verizon page before proceeding to the NBC page to try and sign in.  This is a critical step.

0 Likes
rcazangi

Thanks  tns2! Indeed, by first signing out things worked! I'm sorry I had not seen your instruction before.

And regarding the other issue (NBC app), I figured out that I had to upgrade to the HD preferred package. I had the

required channels but as addons. Once I upgraded the base package, the app didn't complain anymore.

Thanks

0 Likes
bearsfolks
Enthusiast - Level 3

@tns2 wrote:

As I said in my post you must first SIGN OUT on the Verizon page before proceeding to the NBC page to try and sign in.  This is a critical step.

tns2:  I had signed out on the Verizon page before trying nbcolympics, but had no success. 

However, I tried logging in again today onto nbc, and it worked--don't know why. 

Just one tip for others--I find I can get into nbcolympics using my main account login, but NOT the sub-accounts.

0 Likes