pixellation (uncorrected errors) on some channels sporadically throughout the day
ehagberg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone know how to fix what appears to be a problem with the signals coming from the head-end for certain cable frequencies?

I've not had any problems with my SD channels, but on certain HD channels I get pixellation and corresponding uncorrected errors in the stream. For example, this morning I was getting errors/pixellation on:

327MHz: channels 699 and 780

339MHz: channel 740

345MHz: channels 629 and 568

All the rest were fine. Later on in the day I noticed that those channels were fine, but thenI had problems on:

111MHz: channels 622 and 630

117MHz: channel 625

123MHz: channels 628 and 639

The pixellation went away again within 20 minutes or so, but was pretty severe when it was happening. It's pretty annoying to have 5 or 10 of the HD channels effectively unwatchable for significant periods of time.

Seems a little too coincidental that the problems are seen in bands like this - ie, I don't think this could be caused by my equipment which isn't having any changes made to its configuration and held at a fairly constant temperature... so I suspect there's something flaky going on at the head-end.

I'm in Montclair, NJ, if that helps narrow things down.

0 Likes