popping sound soundbar when changing channels
Gazza1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently purchased a soundbar to go with my HDTV set. Experience popping when changing channels or when changing settings in the DVR. Manufacturer of the soundbar says that I must match the STB (Motorola 7232) audio settings with the TV's which is Force or LPCM and turn off Dolby Digital. However, I cannot find these settings.

Take the soundbar out of the mix and the TV does not experience any popping. This tells me that this cannot be the STB but the manufacturer says it is. Any help with audio on FiOS TV would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: popping sound soundbar when changing channels
Hubrisnxs
Legend
The second option will definetely get you to the additional hdmi settings. Its tricky to get there though. So remember, the set top has to be turned on when you do this.

You have to do these buttons about 1 sec apart from one another. So boom (1sec) boom2 (1sec) boom3

Power it off with one hand using the front display of the box. Then with the other hand use the remote and hit ok once and then menu. When you do it succesfully you will see a white user setting menu. Don't get discouraged it can take some people upto 6 or 7 times if they don't have the rythm right.

Its definetely there and is a common fix for issues like yours. Its just semi tricky to get there.

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend
Try going to menu and then settings and then audio. I believe it is audio format and you can select stereo.

If that is not enough, then you can access the hidden menu. It is a two hand operation.

You have to press these buttons about 1 sec apart from one another.
So with one hand press power on the front display (don't use the remote for power)
And then the other hand hit ok and then menu (definetely use the remote now)

Power ofofffront display of stb) and then ok + menu (remote)

Once your in there, you will see additional hdmi settings.
Go there then choose audio. And from there you can choose l-pcm or pass through or audio
0 Likes
Gazza1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Hubrisnxs

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
The second option will definetely get you to the additional hdmi settings. Its tricky to get there though. So remember, the set top has to be turned on when you do this.

You have to do these buttons about 1 sec apart from one another. So boom (1sec) boom2 (1sec) boom3

Power it off with one hand using the front display of the box. Then with the other hand use the remote and hit ok once and then menu. When you do it succesfully you will see a white user setting menu. Don't get discouraged it can take some people upto 6 or 7 times if they don't have the rythm right.

Its definetely there and is a common fix for issues like yours. Its just semi tricky to get there.
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Let us know if you find the menu. The tricky thing is that you have to power it off from the front display and then do ok menu using the remote. It took ne a couple times to get there with the new box. Best of luck.
Gazza1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Man you are a genius! Got into the new settings. It looks as though changing audio to L-PCM did the trick. No more popping! It was set on AUTO.  I have concluded that Verizon's STB have a different setting than other companies since others do not experience this. Not sure why the default is not L-PCM considering the multitude of audio systems out there. Vizio's soundbar has its own amplifier and is not compatible with the Motorola 7232 in the default audio settings.

I suppose if I had a receiver to control the audio then I probably wouldn't have had the problem. So if you have just a HDTV, soundbar and/or woofer combo and any Motorola/Verizon STB this is the solution.

Thanks again. Sure wish I had gotten on the Verizon forum sooner.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Np. Glad it helped. I can't take the credit for the fix. One of our more experienced users named lasagna found the fix but im glad I was around to share it in his absence.
0 Likes
kfila

I agree with Gaza - thank you this solved the problem.  One word for others... the hdmi cable needs to be plugged in to be able to see the HDMI audio options.  (Actually labelled Other HDMI options>>>)  Thank you again!!!

0 Likes
caj1966

Do you hold and release each button or hold them as you press the next button? I am unable to get into this menu.

0 Likes
caj1966

BTW: my set top box is the Cisco CHS 435SDC

0 Likes