question for people that experience pixelation
davelanger
Enthusiast - Level 3

When you get pixelation is it all the time or just when the camera on the screen moves very fast?

I just get it when there are any super fast camera movements.  I did order new HDMI wires to see if this will fix the issue, but  was just curious when others talk about pixelation how are they getting it.

I got this with comast too, but at least with fios its not as bad.  I do wonder if I should ask them to drop a new coaxile wire maybe that is the issue.

0 Likes
Re: question for people that experience pixelation
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if you get it with fast motion like sports or movies then try switching the setting to 720p    

see if it helps   menu > settings > video settings > and video format      make sure 720p has the check. 

0 Likes
davelanger
Enthusiast - Level 3

I already switched it to 720 but I am still getting it. Thanks for the suggestion.

I did check the incoming signal and its 24DB, is that a good number?

Also if I wanted to try to swith out the coaxle cable wire, would verizon do that or would I need to have an electriction do that?

0 Likes
C-pher

I seem to get it a lot on the Movie Channels and when watching things from OnDemand mostly.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

if you get it with fast motion like sports or movies then try switching the setting to 720p    

see if it helps   menu > settings > video settings > and video format      make sure 720p has the check. 

Or go to "native' video mode.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@C-pher wrote:

I seem to get it a lot on the Movie Channels and when watching things from OnDemand mostly.

On-demand can be subject to such drop outs, often losing the picture for a fraction of a second when the packets are lost or delayed.

0 Likes
C-pher

@tns wrote:

@C-pher wrote:

On-demand can be subject to such drop outs, often losing the picture for a fraction of a second when the packets are lost or delayed.

OK, but it's new.  I've had FiOS for a few years now and this has just started happening over the past few months.  I figured that it was just something that would be temporary, but it seems to be happening more and more lately.

0 Likes
davelanger
Enthusiast - Level 3

Would switching out the coaxile cable going from the box to the basement maybe fix this issue?

Also should I try an attenuator? What is a good DB I should be getting on most channels? I always get around a 24 is that a good number?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

there is a DB that is called in band db, and it should be between 32 and higher,  as high as 43 for the really new boxes, and for the boxes that are older as high as 38.

You should check that in menu>customer support>in home agent>network diagnostic.

when it's done it will say something like ":there is no known outages" or something, and then you hit info, and it will tell you your db

if it's really 24, that is low and would explain why you're having problems,  so  you can try unhooking and rehooking your coax tv cable in (the one that comes from the wall or splitter at both ends) and or replace the cable if it's short enough for you to do it yourself.   if you can't do it yourself have verizon stop by

try to stay away from attenuators, it's rarely needed with fios,  it was real common with cable providers.

0 Likes
davelanger
Enthusiast - Level 3

The SNR value is 34 is that what you mean?

I check the DB on each channel is always around 24 is that something different?

0 Likes