"Gateway Timeout" errors and "new and improved" (NOT!) web-based DVR access screens
meknjinear
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is Verizon doing to fix the current "balls-up" state of the FiOS DVR system?  I am getting frequent "Gateway Timeout" errors that are preventing me from accessing my home DVR.  The problem(s) started Saturday with my STB's locking-up when watching a previously recorded program.  That progressed into a total stuff-up of the STB's with no ability to change channels.

The wife called Tech Support Tuesday and they reset all the boxes (including my DVR) remotely (the FiOS online reset utility was DOA, also).  She said that FiOS tech support was overloaded with calls at that time, BTW.  But I also found out later that any programs I had recorded during the previous 48-hour period were FUBAR'd- two listings displayed in the "recorded programs" for each recorded event, but NEITHER would play.  I lost 6-1/2 hrs of programming.

But NOW, the "Piece de Resistance"- last night after 7pm, I couldn't access the online DVR programming at all- no connection. Then this morning (10-13-10), I was presented with a "new and improved" (very questionable) DVR interface and nearly omni-present "Gateway Timeout" errors when I try and access my DVR controls over the Internet ("The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server."  #1.a9ab1160.128.6964055f32f).

What exactly has Verizon managed to screw-up, other than to let their Code Monkeys eff with a previously perfectly good online DVR access control system?  Anyone else getting these gateway errors and/or know WTF is going on?

FYI, this is the New Castle County, Delaware FiOS system.

Re: "Gateway Timeout" errors and "new and improved" (NOT!) web-based DVR access
MRF123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Smiley LOL

Well, fwiw, they're in complete denial of the problem.

If they don't admit it's a problem, it doesn't have to be fixed...

0 Likes