"not subscribed" message
jb3710
Enthusiast - Level 2

About once a month a whole slew of channels (normal channels like ESPN HD) will suddenly say sorry you are not subscribed. Generally a reset of the stb will fix it, but I'm getting tired of this happening. And sometimes it takes a few resets, or one of those automated calls to Verzion to initialize box totally.

Another symptom will be recorded shows are all messed up. When I try to watch a recorded show that recorded during the problem, it will just jump around from 5 minutes to 20 to end of show.

Anyone know why this is happening? Is hard drive messed up? Does this happen to you?

Thanks!

Joe

0 Likes
Re: "not subscribed" message
VZ_Kim
Contributor - Level 2

jb3710,

I'm sorry you're having issues with your dvr. It sounds like your set top box isn't updating on a regular basis. That could be caused by the cabling going to that stb or it could be an issue with the stb itself. Because it usually comes back with a reset or initialization and the error message is definitely "you are not subscribed" as opposed to "currently unavailable", it sounds like it could be the stb.  I can send you a new one. Please fill out the form at this secure link: https://www22.verizon.com/content/verizonsupport/.  Please include the name, address and phone # attached to the account and let me know when the form is complete. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dave5121

The same just hapened to me, I think.  I'm not sure that it was ESPN, but it was something like that. I was watching a FB game on Fox HD when it came up.

I tried to back out of it and hit OK which aparently initiated a subscription, which I did NOT want to do.  It sat there processing for a few seconds and then said something about not being able to complete at that time.

How do I make sure that I didn't just get subcribed to something I don't want?

0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

Happens to me with VOD, that and can't process your request try later.  I'll just try another provider in a few months.

0 Likes