setanta (soccer channel)
yaz
Anyone know when the channel Setanta will be available and what the cost will be?
Message Edited by yaz on 08-29-2008 10:28 AM
0 Likes
Re: setanta (soccer channel)
PJL
Master - Level 3
Apparently it's being added as system are upgraded around the country.  It's listed as channel 1009 on the Setana web site, and TV listings for at least New York, Northern New Jersey include it.  I understand the cost is $14.99 per month, but can't confirm that since it is not yet available in my area (Southern California).  Where are you?
Message Edited by PJL on 08-29-2008 11:17 AM
0 Likes
boboli
Enthusiast - Level 1
It became available on Long Island, NY a couple weeks ago. Took a month of making 5 phone calls before it was ready..many reps didn't know the status. Channel 1009. Cost is something like $14.99 or $16.99 a month.  Sometimes the listings on the FIOS screen don't match the Setanta US website.  You have to call and get someone to turn it on, can't do it on the remote.  But soccer: EPL, rugby, Aussie rules football..it's worth it to me.
0 Likes
ThrowerGB
Enthusiast - Level 2
So how do you select a 4 digits channel number, my set top box only seems to handle 3 digits.
0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@ThrowerGB wrote:
So how do you select a 4 digits channel number, my set top box only seems to handle 3 digits.
If your area hasn't be realigned for the new HDs yet then you don't have any channels above 900 and the box can't select what it doesn't have.  If you enter 0160 (for example) it is the same as 160.  When the realignment occurs there will be channels above 999 and your STB should be able to tune them.
0 Likes
ThrowerGB
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thanks for the info
0 Likes