stb/dvr randomly reboots do I need a new box?
msaleman

stb/dvr randomly reboots do I need a new box?

0 Likes
Re: stb/dvr randomly reboots do I need a new box?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depends on how often.  Could be your power supply.  Could be some current software bug (not aware of a current one, but they have had ones in the past that caused this especially when rapidly hitting certain remote control sequences.).  And of course could be a bad box.

0 Likes
Re: stb/dvr randomly reboots do I need a new box?
metroyanks1

I have a Verizon Arris VMS1100 dvr box that began having problems around August 2016. It would reboot randomly throughout the day. I would unplug the dvr box and plug it back in and it would work a few days uninterrupted.

Verizon customer service had me exchange the box for another dvr box (same model). It still reboots occasionally so I am not sure what's causing the reboot issue.

I have read through the Verizon forums and a person was told by a tech person to check the coaxial (cable) splitter. That customer was still using the original splitter (1000 MHz or 1 GHz) and was told to upgrade the splitter to a 2.4 GHz.

I was also still using the 1 GHz splitter so I bought a 2.4 GHz splitter at Home Depot hoping that this was the issue, but I am still having the occasional reboot. I have no idea if it's the DVR box or the latest firmware.

0 Likes