vod_11:0x6 help!
Staffer21
When trying to watch a VOD movie, espeically a HD video, I 9 times out of 10 get a message telling me that there is a problem and to try again later. It gives the error message vod_11:0x6. Anyone know what this is, or HOW I can fix it so I can actually watch an HD VOD movie?
0 Likes
Re: vod_11:0x6 help!
PaulB
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get the same error at least once a week, I also get the same run around with Verizon.

If you get the fix can you let us know PLEASE !

Tks

Paul In NJ

0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

Video On Demand issues can be caused by any number of things;  

the programming must be in your account AND in your set top box

0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

oops!  trying to change default formatting, I hit the wrong button  Smiley Surprised

Video On Demand issues can be caused by any number of things;  

the programming must be in your account AND in your set top box

The cable and cable connections must be good inside your home

The ability of the Verizon equipment in your region of the country must be sufficient enough to provide VOD service to your house as well as

to all of the other subscribers in your region at the same time.  <<---  This factor requires regular monitoring AND MAINTENANCE by verizon. 

My understanding is that the error code you gave is usually only received during certain times of the day, after midnight, before 4 to 6 am.   THAT IS the regularly scheduled maintenance window, so the maintenance factor is probably what is causing your error at those times.  Verizon updates their equipment in manners that are designed to cause the least amount of interruption for the most people, at any given time in each area where they are doing the maintenance.  If your experience continues for an extended amount of days it would be because of unexpected issues and Verizon will correct it as soon as possible.  Also, a powercycle of the set top box may fix it and maybe calling tech support to refresh the programming

0 Likes
Staffer21
What finally worked for me the last time was just going down to my router, unplugging it for 30 seconds, and letting it reboot. After I did that, I was finally able to get the HD VOD movies to work, although it did take about 5 minutes for it to fully build its connection.
0 Likes