Ellipsis 7 how do i make things go to sd card ?
bschud

My ellipsis 7 tablet tells me everyday cannot  update apps , due to low memory

installed & formatted 32G sd card   same problems

any thoughts?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
38 Replies
Giving_up_on_Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is back in my good books and the nightmare is over.  I returned the device to the store, the individual I dealt with was very understanding, and provided what I would call legendary service.  I may have been able to live with the inability to assign a discrete Verizon Cloud to my wife, but the lack of backward compatibility on the G4 data transfer, the "hard" block on messaging, the camera which was worse than useless in the day, and non-existent at night or indoors because The unit has no flash feature, the incredibly small free internal memory with the inability to transfer most apps to the SD card thus making high-data-storage-needed Apps, like GPS Apps which store the maps on the device for off-line use, unusable on the device, and the accounts in the reviews regarding the choppiness of video and movie streaming due to the bottom end slow processor, were all fatal flaws with respect to my intended use for the unit.  None of which were told me by the sales staff, and, with the exception of the lack of backward compatibility of the G4, I'm quite certain they didn't know any of these issues exist. all in all, a horrible experience.

Thank you for your efforts, all you Tech Service guys.  I feel for you as you try to deal with people regarding this device.  It's pushing on a rope.  Verizon owes you better.

Giving_up_on_Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Over the last week I have spent at least 15 hours on the phone with certainly 5 different people at Tech Service, including 2 supervisors, and at least the same amount of time at 2 Verizon retail stores in my area. They have generally been polite and patient, except at one store, but utterly useless and abysmally incompetent as regards to knowledge of this device and have not been able to address one of my issues.  Not a single one.  Simple issues, like why did it come with messaging blocked and why can't I unblock it, or why can't I establish a Verizon Cloud link on this device for my wife, who is the assigned user.  In addition to other Verizon issues; like why can't I assign my wife as an account manager with on-line privileges?  Every new person starts out with ;"No problem, we'll take care of it right now", and gives up two hours later saying "This should of worked, I don't know why it didn't, I'll have to research this and establish a ticket", and that's the last I ever hear.  Of course I hear "An update expected soon will take care of these issues", and two people at customer service people have told me messaging is blocked because the Ellipsis 7 cannot receive Verizon Messaging.  When I ask; "Are you telling me that not a single person out there with an Ellipsis 7 can receive Verizon messaging", I get a very guarded answer.  They simply don't know how to deal with this tablet, although by now they probably know exactly how bad it is. The less than polite store told me not to keep wasting time and just forget about Verizon Cloud and just use Google Cloud where you get 16GB free storage, and "what do you need Verizon Messaging for anyway?"

And yes, I was not told by Sales that it is not backward compatible to 3G, that the camera is unusable, and that you cannot transfer much to the SD card.  All three items important to me.  And the price was not right, even at the Black Friday $0.  I'm stuck with $240 contract in monthly access fees, a $35 activation fee, and an account with all sorts of blocks on it that nobody at Verizon can figure out how to remove.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Giving_up_on_Verizon We regret to hear that you are not enjoying your Ellipsis 7 tablet. We certainly do not want you to give up on us as we can help explain how to use your tablet. The texting feature is a hard block, meaning that this device is not meant to have texting available. There is not a fix because the tablet is functioning as normal. We recommend attending one of our Wireless Workshops to assist with the email, storage and device function questions. This will allow us to work together face to face with the tablet. We look forward to getting you to love your Ellipsis 7.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Giving_up_on_Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dera Sheritah,

In case you don't immediately see it, I just posted the following response to your email on the thread.  I do not envy your having to deal with irate Verizon Customers on this device.  If I had read the reviews on the internet I wouldn't have touched it with a ten foot pole.

Sincerely,

Farrell

Please see prior post: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1066422#1066422

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Giving_up_on_Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Sheritah,

This is a situation which has gone way beyond the point where schmoozing a departing  customer with stock replies will serve any purpose.  But at least you were forthright and honest about the inability of the tablet to receive texting, despite Verizon Messaging being a pre-loaded and non-removable APP.  The tablet not having Verizon Messaging texting  available is insane, and clearly was not intentional on the part of Verizon but is just another failure in the ill conceived design of this product, because when trying to register a line to this  tablet in order to have it link to a specific Verizon Cloud account, Verizon sends the temporary password to the tablet by Verizon Messaging, and even  you guys have no work-around for this.  In effect, this tablet can  only be linked to a line that has a smartphone, and it cannot be linked  to a line that has a basic phone, and you guys have not realized, or possibly not admitted, that  yet. Suggesting that I attend one of your wireless workshops is adding  insult to injury, because the simple things I want to do I know how to  do, only they don't work, and despite having spent at least 15 hours on the phone with certainly 5 different  people at Tech Service, including 2 supervisors, and at least the same  amount of time at 2 Verizon retail stores in my area, where they have all tried to do these "simple things", they failed and were unable to accomplish them.  So if your experts can't do them, what is your workshop going to teach me that your experts don't know?  The only thing I have accomplished is I was suddenly able to add my wife as a Account Manager this morning, whether that was achieved by one of the people I spoke to working feverishly through the past 24 hours since my last contact, or whether some time delay block expired I will never know.  However, this victory came along with a new wrinkle; any ability to change any features on the Ellipsis tablet being wrenched away from me, as of today I receive the following message when I try:  "This feature cannot be added to the following lines(s) because of a pending transaction".  I have no impending transaction and now I am faced with waiting on hold again for an hour to get in contact with a techie who will probably not be able to understand why the unit is blocked, or do anything about it.  Forgive me if I sound cynical.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Giving_up_on_Verizon, I am glad to hear that you were able to return the device and were given a great service experience. I hope this might help you change your user name for these forums! We certainly do appreciate your feedback and we will continue to review our device line-up to make sure they do fit the needs of our customers. Thanks again for your time and for being the best part of Verizon Wireless.

-PeterV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Seltzer

Verizon Wireless Customer Support-Reading this thread has turned out to be a very disappointing experience, especially as I am a retiree with 32 years at GTE/Verizon. I've had my Ellipsis7 for apx one month. I added a 32G microsd card as I wanted to download some video (purchased from GooglePlay) to my tablet but I can't figure out how to transfer/download the video to the microsd card. As I have tons of books on the Amazon app, I want the video on the microsd card where it won't be taking up space in the internal memory. Do you think VW Customer Service can get it in gear and give some USEFUL info by answering my request for info on how to download video (in the correct format for the Ellipsis7) onto the microsd card and also how to access said video? A step-by-step in PLAIN ENGLISH (not computerese) would be most helpful. Also, please keep in mind, as a retiree, I know phone company doubletalk when I see/hear it. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for contacting us, Seltzer. We regret that this has been a disappointing experience for you.
I want to make it better here and now.
With the MV7A_31D26_422 software version running on the tablet there is an option to select the storage location of the picture/video. However only immediately after the picture/video
is taken. There is no option to set the storage location to SD card as a default.

Once photo or video is taken select the menu in the upper right hand corner of the device screen. Then select settings and choose storage location. For existing photos and videos in the gallery please follow steps below to transfer files from internal storage to the SD card.
To transfer pictures from the device internal memory to the SD card please use this method
Connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable.
Once connected select and hold the status bar at the top of the screen drag the status bar down
Select Connected as a camera and then select Media device (MTP)
From the computer click on the start menu and open Windows explorer for Mac open finder
Type QMV7A once found you can transfer or copy photos between Internal and SD card memory
Media stored on the SD card will show in a file called SD card
Media stored on the internal storage will show in a file called DCIM/Camera once done transferring media disconnect USB cable.

Please let me know how that works for you.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
e2cmole

I have a related question to Selzer's.  And I, too, am 62 years old, so all I want is the simple, cookbook set of directions.  How do I put music onto the SD card.  The device recognizes the card, the 32gb ;card has 2929.32 gb of total space recognized.  I copied 3 CDs to my desktop, then synched the desktop media player to the tablet.  The SD card STILL has 29.32gb of empty space, so obvously, wherever the music is stored, it isn't on the SD card.

Help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello e2cmole!

No worries, you can transfer music quickly and easily with the Ellipsis 7. Here's a link on how to get this accomplished. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!
http://vz.to/1fIIVWp

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
e2cmole

Problem solved.  Apparently it took a restart to get the SD card usage to update.  Easy as pie. Rip the music to my desktop, then synch to the device with the card in it.. Everything is automatic.

One other question.  I frequently cannot reach a website when my other devices can get on line.  Why would that happen.  Typically using WiFi, but I’ve seen it using the 4g network as well, so it isn’t my network, unless there is some issue with how my router recognizes the device.  Any ideas?.

Don

Private info removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Cebern
Enthusiast - Level 1

#Ellipsis 7 .Until Verizon fixes this problem it's performance will become fatal .I now cannot get recent email ...no space  . Very frustrated with this device !!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Something should hopefully help in the update planned. http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/01/27/verizons-ellipsis-7-getting-pretty-big-ota-update-brings-improved-data-connectivity-better-battery-life-and-more/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Bigmixxx

this is a good article to help solve 'some' of the issue with the small amount of tablet space:

http://techgage.com/article/moving_your_non-movable_android_apps_to_an_sd_card/

0 Likes
WickedAnnabella
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's not the Tablet space that is the issue, it's the APP space.  Until they fix the minuscule 1G of space, this will continue to be an issue.

WickedAnnabella
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had the same issues.  I've disabled many of the USELESS preinstalled apps and that has freed up some room for the apps we really want.  I then downloaded the app ES File Explorer and used that to move things to the sd card.  It's a bridge only until the fictional "UPDATE" comes out. 

I had this issue on my NOOK color...however, B&N was smart enough to do an upgrade that adjusted the partition for the apps.  Verizon, not so much.  I went into the store and the sales people had NO idea that you couldn't move anything to the SD card without an additional app or without the assistance of a computer (which totally defeats the purpose of having a tablet, no?)

I'm less than thrilled with the vague, non-answer answers from Verizon Customer Service on this issue.  When I called Customer Service, I was on the phone for 45 minutes while the technician tried to find an answer and said "I'm so sorry!  I don't know how to advise you on this issue!"  Nice.

Truely, I'm grateful that this was a REALLY cheap purchase and if something doesn't change soon this will be going back and woe to the person who tries to lay a restock fee on me!

C'mon VWCS, how about we give some REAL answers...even if it's ,"Yeah, we know its a POS...."

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bschud,

Lets get to managing your great Ellipsis tablet! To have a look at how your memory is being used, Go into your settings>Apps>Internal Storage. At the bottom of the screen, there should be a status bar of how much of the storage is being used. Make sure you should have at least 100MB of available storage to allow you to download apps and updates. Let us know how this goes for you so you can get back to enjoying all the functions of your tablet!

-PeterV_VZW

WEN1943

How about replying to THE QUESTION?

0 Likes
labtecmike
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is horrible advice. It doesn't answer the OP's question at all.

gpan099
Enthusiast - Level 3

The issue is the way the tablet has been set up, with only 1GB of the internal  8GB allocated for app space. Still waiting for a fix from verizon that was promised for the end of December, or an update on when the fix may be available. Until then, system apps that came preloaded with the tablet can't even be updated.

An interesting way to market a tablet; Verizon doesn't even have a seperate device space on its community board for this device over a month after launch. Go Figure.