Re: Ellipsis 7 tablet
rive
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah I forgot.. $300 is too "expensive" for a high end 7" LTE  android kitkat 4.4.2 tablet for most of you.

You would rather get a low end/barely usable 7" LTE tab for $50-$200, lock yourself into a 2yr contract and just complain/whine that it is unusable...

To each his own I guess....

0 Likes
gpan099
Enthusiast - Level 3

Exactly.

Some people dont need a high end tablet and just want our cheap, low end/barely usable tablet AND the ability to whine about it when it doesn't work the way it should.

If its really bothering you, maybe you should avoid the subject all together and save us all some time. Happy Nexussing!

0 Likes
rive
Enthusiast - Level 3

ROFLMFAO

OK..I shall go a nexussing...and take my toys home.

I shall go to the Nexus 7 thread and whine that no matter how many games/apps I install it is just so hard to fill up the 32GB drive... Not to mention the frustration I feel regarding my 64GB sdcard, or 32GB PNY USB thumbdrive that are both attached to the tab, that stare up at me near empty/unused!

I just wish these drives/cards would fill up with data/games/videos/etc already!

I have only myself to blame I guess. After all, I could have gotten a Verizon 8GB barely functional 7" tab, running Jellybean, that will must likely never see Kitkat. I should never have purchased an unlocked LTE device!

0 Likes
gpan099
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rive,

I'm counting my 300 individual  single dollar bills, wishing I bought a nexus 7 & and am laughing just as hard as you. Great reply. Thanks for the back and forth and a good laugh!

0 Likes
rive
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seriously though,

If I found myself dupped into being the proud owner of a (removed) Ellipsis 7 tab, I would just bite the bullet and get a nexus 7 2013 LTE. Since I already would have an activated sim, I would just place it in the nexus, and move on. I could probably sell the ellipsis on eBay, and recoup  at least $100-$150.

And if I was unlucky enough to be locked in a 2yr contract, No matter. Doesn't matter what device the Sim is in. better to do so with a nexus than an ellipsis

This is basically what I did... Took my Sim out of my VZN Xoom LTE, resized it, then put it in the nexus and then gave away my xoom with a fresh Sim in it for the new owner to activate if they so desired. The only difference is that I am not under contract, and because my nexus is unlocked, if Verizon (removed) me off, I'll take my new toy to AT&T or TMO.

But for now I'm staying with VZN, as they have the best LTE network around.

That's me though

Message was edited by: rive

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
sugar_lump_01
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's not a bad idea. I was going to go yell at the Verizon people today. .. If that doesn't work, I might try this instead.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes
rive
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you are in to instant gratification, then get the Nexus 7 2013 Unlocked 4G/LTE at your local Bestbuy (that's where mine came from). For some reason though, they only put out the wifi versions on display and act as though they don't carry the carrier unlocked 4G/LTE version...

Give them the stock unit number (SKU: 1846014)

(Make sure your local store has it in stock, then just go there and buy it)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/google-nexus7-lte-32gb-unlocked-black/1846014.p?id=1219065990469&skuId=1...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We thank you all for your feedback. We still haven't received any information regarding an update to expand the memory for the Ellipsis Tablet. As you know some apps don't support moving to the SD card so the apps are required to be on the device which takes up memory. The update is still TBD as the Verizon team works with the vendor.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gpan099
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks TamaraH. Please let the powers-that-be know that users of this tablet are waiting anxiously for news on this issue and the ability to update basic system apps that came preloaded on the device.  Sometimes only the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

0 Likes
KenJay

I replaced my original Nexus 7 with one of these.  Actually got 2 of them for $50 each.  The specs aren't that different, although the newer Nexus 7 is better.  It's also $350.  It was either this, or one Samsung for double the cost of the two Verizon tablets put together.  All around, I still don't think it's a bad deal.  My 4G coverage is pretty good, and my wife can play her games on the bigger screen.

The total memory isn't so much of a problem as the way they allocated it.  On mine, the 'app space' is nearly full, but the 'tablet space' isn't even half used.  My Samsung S4, by contrast, has a single 16GB memory space for everything.  I don't know why people are having trouble updating on top of the built-in stuff, I've got about 20 apps on top of the base and only just hit the limit.

It's a cheap tablet, it does what it's supposed to.  If you can afford to spend $350, fine, but I go through gadgets pretty quickly, and I've already got enough over-priced devices that I paid serious money for and used for less than a year.

0 Likes