Re: Ellipsis Sd Card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kieta,

I certainly hope so! We definitely want everyone to enjoy all the benefits of the most recent update. Please let us know if you need assistance and for more information about the software updates, please click here http://vz.to/1kH3NOu .

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WickedAnnabella, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. Try briefly removing the sim card and placing it back into your device. Additionally, you will need to power your device off/on to soft reset. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wheatieclerk,

Great question, at this time you cannot move your apps to your your SD card. Are you getting this error message when you are clearing out the cookies and cache? Do all apps give you this error message?

KarenC_VZWSupport

0 Likes
wheatieclerk

I went ahead and ok'd the "disable/restore to factory" and it seemed to work. Weird to call it "disable" vice "uninstall," but it's better now. Waiting for the solution to store apps on the cards though. Seems bad engineering not to allow that. It's my only complaint about the tablet.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wheatieclerk thanks for keeping us posted! Glad to hear that it's now working. We are continously working to make improvements and hope to have the ability to store apps on the card soon.

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
jhh1955
Enthusiast - Level 1

Updates did nothing to improve SD card situation.  I was running off an old Moto Xoom that came with 32GB of storage and have never had a problem.  Decided to go with a more compact tablet... the Ellipsis showed 32GB additional storage so figured would not be a problem.  So I got one for myself and one for a friend for Xmas.   Big mistake.  The unit recognized the card, but will not allow any transfer and even with minimum of apps installed, when it does app updates, it show not enough space for update, so have to uninstall another app to make it work.  This device is worthless and regret getting them, on top of that, now stuck with a 2 year contract on each.  Wish I had just bought a 7"  32GB tablet with wifi and went with that.  Another problem with Ellipsis is that when not in 4LTE area, it will not recognize 3G so it is inoperable unless you are in a free wifi area.  They need a system update to fix.  Wish I had never got these tablets.. now will cost me $240 in contract charges for two years on devices that are not worth having.

bizzremodeler
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe Big V will fix this . Why ? Their advertising of additional upgraded space available by SD card, can easily be interpreted as deceptive advertising to the buyer. No sales rep ever detailed the limitation of internal memory , when reviewing the device at Verizon Store with me( or I suspect with any other customer) . The assumption by Consumer that 32 SD card upgrade would work ' like an IPad' , is exactly what Verizon wanted perceived by Consumer. If Big V does not fix this problem, they are wide open for FCC raid. They don't want that.

Blazin' a trail ............... !

DYegan
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is now March 23 and no solution to the memory problem is in sight. Verizon has dug in and said that I cannot return two units to exchange for a working / functional tablet. They are playing with fire since when all of my phones are off the 2 year contract window- I will take 8 units and go elsewhere. So much for customer service!!!!!

Chris_H1
Contributor - Level 1

I just picked up this tablet 2 weeks ago when I upgraded my phone. I was told at the time I could expand the storage by use of an SD card.  I purchased a 32gb card today but was dismayed to find I cannot transfer apps to it. My system has the most recent update, but it appears this ongoing issue (as I see in these posts now) was never addressed. Is Verizon content on providing false information to its customers?

twhiting9275
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon doesn't care about it's customers, that's pretty much it.

The fact remains that they've done nothing to resolve this issue, and they've been lying about this in and out of store since day 1.

They have your money/contract, at the end of the day, that's ALL they care about

0 Likes