How Can I Stop The Ellipsis 8 From Restarting?
TRALAY58

I recently started using my Ellipsis 8 to Miracast. I have had the device for use in a gym solely to check members in. I have had it for about 9-10 months and I have never seen it restart. I leave it on all the time. So for nearly a year it has remained on and I can't recall ever seeing it restart. I can't recall ever arriving at the gym and having it obviously restarted - we leave Chrome up and running all the time for members use.

I started to cast last night and it started to restart about ever 5-10 minutes.

Upon reload I can open Chrome and all the tabs reload, which I think is weird after a restart.

I tried updating all apps - no go.

I tried deleting the Miracast app and I could still cast - no go.

I even just did a factor reset and once I started to cast - it rebooted.

I left it on - without casting - for about 5 hours and it did NOT reboot.

It only reboots when casting.

Has anyone else had this issue? And recommendations to fix?

Thanks in advance

Travis

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ellipsis 8 restarts when miracasting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TRALAY58, those are all great troubleshooting steps you have taken already. I know that I would be frustrated with this experience as well, so we are here to help out. The next step to check is to see if you are able to wipe the cache partition. This can help clear out any potential conflicts that may be contributing to Miracast's forced reboots. 

The feature is generally found by accessing a sub menu upon start up. Here are the steps to reach this menu: 

http://spr.ly/65898rubc

When you reach step 4, please choose Wipe Cache Partition, and then Reboot System Now.

Please keep us posted. Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 8 restarts when miracasting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TRALAY58, those are all great troubleshooting steps you have taken already. I know that I would be frustrated with this experience as well, so we are here to help out. The next step to check is to see if you are able to wipe the cache partition. This can help clear out any potential conflicts that may be contributing to Miracast's forced reboots. 

The feature is generally found by accessing a sub menu upon start up. Here are the steps to reach this menu: 

http://spr.ly/65898rubc

When you reach step 4, please choose Wipe Cache Partition, and then Reboot System Now.

Please keep us posted. Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes