NFL Mobile not compatible with Elipses 8
wwj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought the Elipses 8 with the intent to watch NFL games on it because I do not have cable. I asked the Verizon salesman if this device had NFL Mobile and if I could watch it since I added this device as another line on my account. He assured me that I could and that NFL Mobile was available on all Verizon devices. Not only does NFL Mobile not show up in the Play Store, but if you can get to it it says it is not supported for this device. A shameless scam from Verizon. I am not surprised. Maybe there will be another class action lawsuit against you in the future for BS like this.

0 Likes
Re: NFL Mobile not compatible with Elipses 8
wwj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to install NFL Mobile after an OS update. However, my overall point unfortunately remains. Watching games live is not available in the app on this device.

0 Likes
kenmoffat
Enthusiast - Level 3

The E8 is a very substandard device in my opinion. VZW should recall them.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

NFL Mobile IS available on Verizon devices, but it is limited on tablets.  I have an Ellipsis 8 and was hopeful I could watch the games on it, as the screen is larger and easier to see than the phone.  The live games are only available on phones, not tablets.  Smiley Sad

wwj
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is exactly why I agreed to buy the device. I specifically asked if watching live games was possible and the salesman said, "Yes." Either he didn't know or lied but Verizon is at fault for advertising live game viewing as available on all of their devices. Also the device in general is poor quality.

kenmoffat
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm very disappointed. Was told I could add another user. Not. Thought I could watch games. Not. Expected at least decent performance. Not.

0 Likes