Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Randomly reboots
KJBILITZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an Ellipsis 10 (purchased 12/18). For the last couple of months it just randomly reboots and optimizes the apps. I have seen many, many posts about troubleshooting this problem. Obviously, I'm not the only one with this problem. But I have not found any solutions to the problem. I have done all the things suggested (factory reset, soft reset, delete apps, etc) and none work. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Unfortunately, the warranty ran out in December and I'm stuck paying for a tablet that is totally undependable.

Re: Randomly reboots
KJBILITZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mistyped before - purchased 12/16).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KJBILITZ, having a reliable tablet that you are still paying for is very important. Our goal is to work toward a resolution on the device rebooting for the last few months. We greatly appreciate the time you have taken to complete the troubleshooting steps. It sounds like you have completed most of the steps related to this issue but would like to gather further details. Have you received any low memory messages since this started? Have you also updated the software?

DavidC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KJBILITZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your response. I have not received any messages regarding low memory. The software is up to date.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Having done everything listed and not been able to resolve the trouble, it looks like the tablet is defective. It could be an OS issue, but, there is no way to roll back to earlier releases.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a working device is essential, and we will definitely help you out with troubleshooting your device. For clarification, are you getting a message saying "low memory," or is it with "storage almost full?" As for the device optimizing itself, did this possibly start after an update was installed?

0 Likes
KJBILITZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not received a message saying "low memory" nor "storage almost full" (I have very few apps on it). It is hard to say is the optimizing started after after an update was installed. I don't remember what the last update was. The current software version is IR7_20C63.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you can depend on your tablet, dexman. Have you tried putting the tablet into Safe Mode? Putting a device into safe mode restores the default settings and disables third party applications. We can use Safe Mode to determine if a third party application is in fact affecting the stability of the device. You can find instructions on how to put the tablet into safe mode by following this link: http://spr.ly/6589DRwy1.

PeterP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KJBILITZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I run it in Safe Mode, it reboots and optimizes when the battery gets to 50%. Of course, running it in Safe Mode means I can't use the 2 apps I need for work, which makes it kind of useless to me.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

PeterP_VZW...

Please re-read my post. I was offering an opinion. I do not own an Ellipsis tablet.