Where to download Ellipsis 8 driver
haruko05

I want to place the device into USB debugging mode but every time I place it into that mode, my device would show up in the device manager with a yellow exclamation (no driver).

12-1-2014 10-45-11 AM.jpg12-1-2014 10-53-30 AM.jpg

I've tried to install the driver by both having Windows search the internet and by pointing it to: C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Neither methods worked. I just keep getting no driver found. I have tried this on 2 different computers (one on Windows 8 and one on Windows 7).

Is there anywhere I can download the correct driver for the Ellipsis 8?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where to download Ellipsis 8 driver
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ah, I see, haruko05. It sounds like you may need to re download or update the driver, indeed. Here's a link that will be helpful in correcting the yellow exclamation point that you're seeing on your PC http://vz.to/1vFpbsu. Please keep us posted on the result.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

haruko05

Thanks for all the details about your troubleshooting! You've taken some great steps so far. Sorry to hear about the continued trouble getting your devices to recognize the device in Debugging Mode! When the yellow exclaimation point is present and the driver software is not found, a Windows Operation System update may be needed. Have you been able to process this?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
haruko05

Hi RuthW,

Both computers were updated and there's no new available updates.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ah, I see, haruko05. It sounds like you may need to re download or update the driver, indeed. Here's a link that will be helpful in correcting the yellow exclamation point that you're seeing on your PC http://vz.to/1vFpbsu. Please keep us posted on the result.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
haruko05

I have already verify that my Windows has been updated. I've tried that article and point the update driver to the system folder. It doesn't exist. Is there somewhere else that I can download the driver without relaying on Microsoft?

0 Likes
JAWheat411

The point being is from what I read that the drivers were on the device. This is not the case. It seems that the drivers for the previous device, the Ellipsis 7 were in fact on the device in the form of a mountable cd rom. To have the drivers for the Ellipsis 8 would be really nice. Then we wouldn't have to rely on a generic adb driver.

0 Likes
haruko05

So I'm guessing no help from Verizon either to get the driver? Considering this is Verizon brand device, I would think your company would have the driver available somewhere without relaying on Microsoft.

0 Likes
utahdev
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still no answer?

Short and sweet, Verizon offered me a free android tablet on Black Friday, done, I develop apps for android so I like having lots of platforms to play on.  Not a neophyte, not a newb.  This is impossible to get drivers for, Quanta Computer Inc (Quanta Computer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) (Website: Quanta Computer) who made this tablet has a page at Drivers informer with "All drivers for Quanta" it's here All drivers from Quanta Computer Inc That page has no driver for this tablet.  The Corporate website has no info on this tablet.  I even went to the Chinese version of the website (yup a round eye who speaks Chinese) and no info on drivers for this tablet.

You cannot convince me no one has a driver for this tablet one has to exist or there would be no way to load the original OS on it.

Kit Kat is a disaster, I have a 64Gb micro SD formatted and accepted by the tablet so I can work on it,  and I can't access it from any app I build because it's "denied", I can't root the device to get around that limitation, because there is no driver.

I have never been given a device that was not worth accepting as a dev platform before, congratulations.

My frustration will be amplified by those without a desktop full of alternative tablets to turn to.

Get developers a driver and / or root method quick before there is a revolt of people figuring out that Ellipsis 8 has a useless SD slot... unless you just want to store movies and music there from your PC.

nyredneckfishermanda
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have come to agree with you completely an I am very disappointed with this tablet.

Biggest piece of garbage I have ever owned

AndrewMascolo

I found what driver to use. If you have a windows 8 computer. Then you should have a list of Android drivers. In that list should be one for Google Nexus 7. Set it to that and you should be good to go.

If you don't see that driver, then you will need to download it (from where, I don't know.)

0 Likes