Why does my Ellipsis 10 tablet shut off randomly?
Bluuplanet

Others have complained that this is also a problem with the Ellipisis 8 and the 7 as well. The tablet just shuts down and requires holding in the power button and the volume-down button for 20 seconds to restart, followed by an additional 2 minutes for the reboot process.

It can happen in the middle of watching a movie or streaming a podcast. After restarting, the podcast I was listening to restarted from the beginning, not from where it was interrupted.

Though the problem is most frustrating when it interrupts a streaming event, it is also frustrating when I simply turn off the screen for a while and then come back 20 minutes later to turn it back on and find I have to reboot.  The problem occurs regardless of the battery's power level.

0 Likes
Re: Why does my Ellipsis 10 tablet shut off randomly?
rko31

Same here.  I ran all the updates a couple of weeks ago and it stopped shutting down for a couple of days.  However, the random shut downs have started again and the tablet is completely up to date.

0 Likes
Davidw75
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine did that so I took it in and got another one. Loaded apps very carefully because they seem to think it's an app making the tablet glitch. It still does it and now I'm wondering why they no longer have the ellipsis 10 on display but they have the 8...they know something.

ReJoyAnn
Enthusiast - Level 1

My ellipsis 10 did the same thing after activating my sim card. To stop this, go to settings>security>powerbutton instantly locks. Switch this to off. This seems to nhave worked for me and my tablet hasn't turned off (unless I power down) since changing this.

amritb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Please download the new software update as it has some related software fixes.

A new software update (IR7_20C57) is now available for Ellipsis 10.  Details about fixes included in the software update are available at:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-ellipsis-10-update/

If your device didn’t get a notification indicating a software update is available, then it can be initiated via the below steps:

Go to Settings -> Scroll down and select System Updates -> Check for new system update.

0 Likes
VoodooPup

I have noticed this as well! I had a LG G PAD 10.1, but I had broken the screen and this is what they decided it would be the device for a replacement, I would havve preferred to have been given another LG G PAD they said it was no longer available, but I would have taken a smaller screen size.

H

0 Likes
Dragonladysc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the updated software on my Ellipsis 10, but it's still sitting down..a lot!!! It's truly frustrating. I love my tablet other than that.

0 Likes
Mike-n-Dani
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 2 of these. The 1st only worked 2 months and was put away. The 2nd just started doing it. I reset to factory loosing everything and then updated everything and now it does it so bad I cant even get to the setting before it shuts down. These things are junk and yes they know it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mike-n-Dani, We're truly sorry to learn that you're experiencing difficulties with your Ellipsis tablets. Especially to the point where one of the devices has not been usable. We want to do all we can to help. Can you please confirm the current software version on your devices? Also, have you attempted to go to the "Power button instantly locks' setting and toggle it off as ReJoyAnn suggested? This corrects the issue for many users. (Go to security>power button instantly locks and toggle the button off. We'll be standing by for your results.   TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes