Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Actual Proof of Declining Device Protection and Still Added
marshmahlow

So, I've paid for this "Verizon Device Protection" for about 4 years.  Work pays the bill, I just print out the receipt and don't ever take another glance.  It wasn't until I was looking to upgrade my phone that I saw this sneaky add-on.  I've been paying $12-17 a month for FOUR YEARS for a service I never signed up for. 

Although I know I didn't sign up for this four years ago, I had no proof that Verizon would add this option on their own, without their customer's approval (other than the massive amount of posts here of people pointing it out anecdotally), so I figured I was s--- out of luck.  Well, thank you Verizon, for providing proof to me that you do indeed do this.

After ordering my new phone (the Pixel 6 Pro) on October 19, I specifically remembered hitting the "Decline Device Protection" button.  I even took a screen shot of my declining it because of my experience over the past 4 years!  Guess what I found on my bill this month?  Verizon had added it back.  The best part is that I don't even need the stupid screen shot because Verizon sent me a receipt that specifically states that I declined the protection.

Not only do I want my bill fixed this month, I want years of my money back from shady practices from Verizon. 

Re: Actual Proof of Declining Device Protection and Still Added
KH-OrnEsh

While a Verizon employee may occasionally post here, this community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly.  

0 Likes
Re: Actual Proof of Declining Device Protection and Still Added
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

marshmahlow, we are eager to help you in any way possible regarding any billing concerns you may have. Please respond to the Private Note we have sent. Thank you. *Joshua

0 Likes