Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ascurion
Purf3ct

I have been with Verizon for years and have always had insurance for my phone with Ascurion since the beginning. Little did I know it's all been money down the drain. They claim to cover cracked screens... Well my phone got a small crack in the top left from being dropped. So I made a claim and sent off my phone. Over a week later I received my phone back unrepaired and in worse condition than when I sent it. There is now cracks at the bottom left of the phone like it had been dropped. The top left also looks like someone had picked at it. I had to call to find out that they decided my phone didn't pass triage and was unusable. They wouldn't tell me how it didn't pass since it's just a cracked screen. No water damage.. the screen still works... Everything still works... But they refuse to do what they say they will do and fix the screen. When I told them that there is more damage to my phone they asked if I had any proof. I really wish I would have taken pictures. Now they want me to pay $230 for a refurbished or new phone (their choice) when my phone is a Google Pixel 2xl and isn't even worth that much brand new! I can't believe Verizon would work with a company that would cheat their customers.

0 Likes
Re: Ascurion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Purf3ct, we are terribly sorry to hear about your experience. Making sure your device stays protected is important. Device Protection helps reduce the cost of a replacement device if it is Lost/Stolen or damaged. Our Cracked screen repair process will allow you to visit a certified location to repair the screen on site. Can you please provide us with the steps you had taken to file your initial claim?    -Sylvia

0 Likes
Purf3ct

I went through the Verizon app to file a claim with Ascurion. They charged a fee and sent a cardboard envelope to send my phone to them. I received my phone back unrepaired and with more damages. They wouldn't say why they wouldn't fix the phone only that I would have to pay $230 for a replacement. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for those details, Purf3ct! I'm so sorry to learn about what happened with your claim. Please allow me to explain that since they handle all the devices they ship out, Asurion would have to handle this for you. I assure you that if we could assist you here, we absolutely would. Please contact Asurion directly at 888-881-2622, for further assistance.   -Jordan

0 Likes